Dumaguete Info Search

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by maannd, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maannd

maannd DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello to all! I'm glad to have found this site. I just left the place 3 years ago to look for greener pasture here in Canada. I'm missing home and I'm glad that thru this site I am updated of what's happening in our city. I salute to the one who started this. You did a good job, please keep it up. Looking forward to see you in 2009.

2. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Hi maannd.It’s good you found this site and hope this makes you feel virtually at home . Indeed, Dane give away enormous favour for Dumaguete’s interests , it’s people ,expats and visitors .
    He’s done a great job for this site .An expat living in Dauin with great talent and heart to promote Dumaguete .It’s more than enough ,we can’t ask for more. A job well done for Dane.:smile:

3. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Maannd;
    Which province are you in Canada ? I know only few "Kababayans" in greater Vancouver Area so I did'nt able to practice much our Cebuano language.
    Gene

4. OP
    OP
    maannd

maannd DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    reply to Gene

Hi Gene, sorry, I got busy these past weeks and was not able to visit here. We are in Yellowknife, the Diamond Capital of Northwest Territory. Daghan kaayo bisaya dire, though ako lang taga Dumaguete. Most came from Mindanao, pero mga bisdak gihapon and very loud especially when we meet in the stores or in parties. Are you in Vancouver? We are planning to drive to Vancouver come this August. My husband is also cebuano, and so our son is still very fluent speaking our own dialect. :wink:

5. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    We invite you to visit us when you're in the City. I will send you the details in due time- for the meantime I wish to know your family better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.