Dumaguete Info Search

New person here Robert K

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by robert k, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Greetings all, from the dfw metroplex in north central tx. I am a single male 44 yrs of age, basically retired and semi-disabled with a bad back. I worked automotive and diesel mechanic, military, and construction trades [ mostly commercial plumbing ]. Hence the bad back. I've never married and have no children. I don't own a home or any real property here. I do have secure income. I doubt I will be in business in the philipines. I'd like to meet a nice woman ,but no hurry. The only real question I have at the moment is ...Do they have chewing tobacco or snuff ? I can quit but it's annoying!

2. dauinrcflyer

dauinrcflyer DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a friend, an american expat who regularly uses chewing tobacco. I don't exactly know where he gets it, but I think he buys the tobacco leaf at Malatapay market here in Dauin, and makes his own. If you want, I can ask him. Send me a PM.

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Welcome Robert k.
    Hope you will find what you are looking for.
    But indeed take the time to find your one and only.
    But I am confused where you come from.
    What the hell is "the dfw metroplex in north central tx.".
    I guess you are a USA citizen and think the whole world knows your place (don't get angry....I'm joking with a serious undertone :D)

Dauinrcflyer, is it now also that Dauin wants to clame the Malatapay market in it's municipality ? :smile:
    That they took in the past Apo Island from us (Zamboanguita) was already bad enough :D
    Tabacco leafs they sell at Malatapay market but also near the Public market in Dumaguete.
    I once bought it for smoking my pipe. I was ill for 3 days after having inhaled 3 times through my pipe :mad: Never again.
    But maybe I had to chew it iso using it for smoking ?

4. OP
    OP
    robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Thanks for the welcome. Dfw metroplex is Dallas/Ft.Worth with smaller cities in between, in the state of Texas, In the US. No offence taken. Odds are good I couldn't pin down where anyone else lives either. I didn't know where the US Virgin Islands were, geographically till I went to work there years ago. I may give up my chew anyway as many women in this area will tolerate it, but don't consider it an attractive habit. Thank you on the advice though.

5. dauinrcflyer

dauinrcflyer DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey jellyfish. I guess I was being ahead of time. I should have said that Malatapay market is near Dauin, but in Zamboangita.

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Hey Robert, maybe if you can't find chewing tobacco you can switch to betel nut chewing here.
    From Betel Wikipedia "There is archaeological evidence that the betel leaves have been chewed along with the areca nut since very ancient times"
    Folks working the rice fields in SE Asia apparently get a pretty good buzz from it but their teeth turn an ugly color. Just joking cowboy, better bring a bunch with you!

7. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Welcome

Welcome, Robert!! As a native OKC lady, I know EXACTLY where you are at, no explanation necessary!! :D As a semi-young retiree myself (45), living here in Dumaguete, look forward to meeting you one day!! Let us know when you will be coming for a visit!!

8. OP
    OP
    robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Pato; I've heard of betel nut and the wonderful effect it has on teeth and I think I'll pass on it. As for being a cowboy; I Do have some family in north dakota [ that is in the US, jellyfish ] that raise quarterhorses. There may be a Kennedy Cattle Co. there still but I would't know for sure as my father sold his shares when I was a kid and the extended family isn't that tight knit. By the by, I like good natured ribbing. It makes me feel at home. Robert K

9. OP
    OP
    robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    reedee; thank you for the welcome! I look forward to meeting you, and will be sure to let you know when I visit. I wish it were this week, but I have to deal with business before I leave. I know exactly where OKC is too. Oklahoma is a beautiful state, with people as friendly as I have ever met. Robert K

10. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oklahoma/Texas

You are welcome, and THANK YOU for the kind words about Oklahoma!! Well, I have to say that I agree, but have to add that Texas and Oklahoma are very similar on all accounts!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.