Dumaguete Info Search

New Resto?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by nead, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    There is gonna be a new restaurant in La Residenca Al Mar in replacement of Wakagi Japanese Restaurant.. And they placed a tarp that says, "Watch out for something BIG..."

What could it be? I hope someone here knows something about it. Share it please.. :D Looks exciting.. :rolleyes:

2. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I hope it's a Thai restaurant!!

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hmmm, with my 5 year experience about 90 % of "foreign" authentic food-tries in Dumaguete I rather don't hope so ... :o

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I hope not a BIG Mac:D.
    Or maybe it's a BIG surprise :wink:

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    mmmm Rhoody!

:confused: I read your Monster Dive write up on the new Resto in Town. Can I ask WHY? we on DI never got this Info. DO you have to DIVE! to get the good news you have on this?:wink:

Jack P. :rolleyes:

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    haha, after my last few write ups I got death threats in my inbox and now I am super scared to say a word.. hehe , anyway, diving would help of course :smile:

7. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had a great time with good food at Laguna Cafe!
    We all give it a BIG 5!
    We wish the best of luck for many years to come! NICE PLACE IN TOWN.

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Great, any dishes you recommend? You enjoy fine wines, did you have any? Btw, I am going to try and form a group to go together to buy fine wines from Wine Club Makati and also from Santi's and ship here, not sure of the feasibility (shipment cost, keeping from heat damage, etc.). I have a friend in Makati checking this out. Sure miss Napa Valley....

9. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Taste varies from person to person and therefore I do not make any statement or show any pictures. So I recommend that you and you friends visit Laguna Cafe.
    We were 6 people there and we ordered several dishes and we were all satisfied. We had in our taste good wine and our bill was only 2700p.
    We had a great time, if not one of the best in Dumaguete.
    We gave them a BIG5! Would like to here from you after your Laguna cafe visit! ENJOY IT!
    Do you ever buy what I always have at home.....California Red..... 3 liter for 620 pesos at Hypermart...Great every day wine....Try it you may like it.....
    Wine doesn't taste better because it is expensive....It is like a car....it doesn't drive better because it is a Mercedes Benz or a Lexus.... I still miss my Cadillac Seville...man , what a car, but far from the most expensive!
    It is not about money spent, it is about good company and jokes and laughter. It actullay make everything taste better.......NOT THE MONEY SPENT!

10. princetonc

princetonc DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm longing for an authentic Chinese Restaurant here in Dumaguete. Oh I miss Chinatown in Binondo Manila!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.