Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa new rules for visa extensions

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by syrkyn, Jul 10, 2012.

1. syrkyn

syrkyn DI Member

middle age crazy
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Wow, instead of encouraging people to settle, retire, marry here, this country just seems to be making it harder to do so. just as i reach my second visa extension and my plane ticket expired, now i am told i have to have an outbound ticket to get a visa extension. That is a lot of money wasted when my intentions are to marry soon, reside, retire here. I was wondering, if once you get married and have the first year of probationary residence, will there still be this requirement to buy plane tickets your not going to use? Other parts of asia offer good living and good wives, and this government may very well succeed in getting more people to go to malaysia (90 day stay, no outbound tick) thailand or other asian countries. Perhaps i will have to marry here and my wife and i will move to penang or somewhere nearby without all the unneccesdary rules and expenses. What do you expats long and short term in dumagette think about this problem?

2. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    You mean that, when applying for a tourist visa extension, you have to show a valid return/outward ticket! That's new for me. Do IM realize that aircarriers do only issue tickets that are valid 11 months from the date of booking, so even not the date of the inbound flight to the PH. Since it's possible as a tourist to renew your visa up till 16 months and when specially asked for up till 24 months, how on earth you can match these requirements others than to buy again and again a new outbound ticket. Are they .......!!! in IM....or?? But maybe it's a way to get rid of tourists, not married with a filipina, to a neighbouring country like for instance Malaysia. Anybody else can confirm this new rule?

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I extended last wed and no mention of anything like that!

4. OP
    OP
    syrkyn

syrkyn DI Member

middle age crazy
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    cebu expat services

I contacted an expat i met in cebu that run the above referenced company. he is going to get my extension and acr card for me. he said the rules changed about three weeks ago. He also said he had a client that bought an outbound ticket dated 8 months in advance. He said if i got married tomorrow, it would still take me to late october before i could get my 13a stamp on my passport. Anyone had any experience with paul whiteway who runs cebu expAt services?

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Paul is a straight up guy, and will take care of you as well or better than anyone else. No worries there.

Larry

6. OP
    OP
    syrkyn

syrkyn DI Member

middle age crazy
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    he struck me that way too

Thanks Larry, he struck me that way too, a delight to talk with and shared much knowledge with me, which is why i decided to consult him to help with the newest visa extension, acr card and the work that needs to be done so i can marry.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I have known Paul personally and professionally for several years. He has always maintained a good professional work ethic and attitude.

Larry

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    If marrying here, you may wish to read my article on marrying in the Philippines;

Getting Married in the Philippines

Paul will take much of the BS out of the marrying process for you.

Larry

9. OP
    OP
    syrkyn

syrkyn DI Member

middle age crazy
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    fligts for 37 dollars

Following Pauls advise, i booked an outbound airplane ticket dated for the fall. it cost me 37 us dollars with taxes, thru tiger air (singapore) cebu to singapore, non stop. Just another hoop to jump through, they dont seem to want to make anything fast and easy in the phils, lol thanks for everyones comments and help!

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Needing an outbound ticket to extend a visa for another 59 days is news to me and to everyone else.

I will visit Peter Bueno at Dumaguete Immigration office tomorrow and find out the facts, if there are any, but if you say that the rules changed 3 weeks ago yet DavyL200 extended just last Wednesday without the need for an outbound ticket, then there may be more questions than answers.