Dumaguete Info Search

New satellite imagery on google earth/maps

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by AndyG, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    At last, the old 2005 satellite imagery of Negros has been updated with up to date photos.
    If anyone wants to add google maps to their websites, just let me know :smile:

2. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I would NOT rush out to do cartwheels on the lawn just yet. What has been added is a narrow, about 4KM, strip to the west of the existing coverage.

A cursory inspection of the remaining area of Negros Oriental to the west and south of Dumaguete reveals NO CHANGE.

I suppose that we should be grateful for any improvement and the price continues to be right, non?

3. OP
    OP
    AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yeah, it's not massive but for me it's great, I'm constantly adding places to google earth/maps with google mapmaker so it'll keep me busy for a while!

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    andyg2, how can I get a Google earth map of Bacong? Thanks

5. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I found my house in Bacong under construction in Google Maps, fairly clear picture; however, the picture is at least a month old. I wonder how often updated shots occur?

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    don't know about Bacong, but Dumaguete Pictures are not later than 2006, I would say 1st half 2006

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Still Green!

:eek: Rhoody! I concur, my Roof has been Burgundy since 2009 yet on Google it is still Green! In 2002 (OCT) it was Blue. Somewhere in the time span is the answer. It went Green in 2004 (Late)

Jack P.

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, Teletech opened feb 2007. the whole area is still a field without anything going on and the TT construction took about a year from start to opening. looking at the pictures from Dumaguete to Bacong it is from the same runover, so i actually doubt that it is PatO's construction site unless he is building since 4.5 years.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Aerial Shots.

:D Maybe pangit pilot could do some Aerial shots??:wink:

Come to think of it, that might just be a good idea.:smile:

Jack P.

10. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Actually my lot and the double lot both with construction do clearly show, snapshot is about 2-3 mos old. I will try and send the coordinates

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.