Dumaguete Info Search

Question New tab on Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by KINGCOLE, Apr 20, 2016.

1. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Can someone help me. When I log into Google Chrome it opens up my start up pages, one of which is google.com.ph. When I open a new tab, it opens the basic google search. When I search for anything other than with a URL, I am redirected to google.com.ph, where I can search with just a single word. Can you advise me on how I can set my new tab to always be google.com.ph.

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
  3. OP
    OP
    KINGCOLE

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    In Chrome settings, my settings On Startup: Open a specific page or set of pages. Set pages.

The problem is I when open a new tab whist on my startup pages (4 specific pages) , it opens the basic google search. When I search for anything other than with a URL, I am redirected to google.com.ph, where I can search with just a single word. Can you advise me on how I can set my new tab to always be google.com.ph.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Sorry, I think I read your post wrong.

I think you might need to grab an extension. For example, do a Google search for "New Tab Redirect" as one option. There are several. I don't think Chrome has a straight-forward native method for doing what you are looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    KINGCOLE

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    xxxx.jpg

Found a redirect tab in Chrome Web Store, worked immediately.
    Many Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    In case anyone does NOT want to search using the .ph google (which I personally don't care for) you can set your search to:
    Code:
    http://www.google.com/ncr
    This is especially useful when traveling through countries that do not use a Latin alphabet.

Now if I could only find a way to force YouTube to keep me in the US region (the "What's Popular" videos are absolutely useless....and downright idiotic....when in the Philippines region). For some reason I can select every region except the US. Currently have it set to the UK region.....but I still get all the popular Philippine videos. :vomit:

(This is the kind of crap that makes me want to go to torrent websites and steal all the junk Hollywood puts out.)

• Agree Agree x 1