Dumaguete Info Search

New to Site

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Mike17, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike17

Mike17 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,
    I live in the US and will be retiring early and moving to Cebu around April by myself as I am single (divorced). I have visited the PI several times and decided about 4 years or so ago to give it a go over there because I have many friends there and love it, in spite of the many problems. I am interested in the Dumaguete area to live because Cebu is very polluted, no place to jog, crime, etc and cost of living is probably less there. I have heard that Valencia is nice and plan to check that out. I look forward to learning about the area and sharing my limited experiences of the country.
    Thanks

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Welcome aboard!

3. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Always room for one more. Welcome to the site of friendly (and sometimes crazy) people.
    And whare in the US are you coming from?
    I came here in January of 2010 from Houston, Texas.

4. OP
    OP
    Mike17

Mike17 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've lived in Central FL for the past 5 years but I've lived in many other places, including Texas (Ft Worth). I've worked in IT for more then 25 years and it's taken me all over. Thanks for the welcome.

5. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Welcome Mike.
    Indeed.....give it a go.
    Lot of succes in Valencia or whatever your destination here will become.

6. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Florida?
    Ok, quick lesson on the Philippines. Mindanao, where I live, gets no typhoons (hurricanes), Luzon gets almost all of them. Being from Florida (and me from Houston), you know what that means. Lol
    Again, welcome.

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Welcome Mike17. Dumaguete is a great place to live, I am from So. California. You can always go to Cebu from here, if you need the big city for shopping or whatever. It will be interesting to see how long you stayed single here. Me, I lasted 8 months.
    Not sure how living here as a single guy would be, although there are a number of single American guys here, maybe they can comment. Good luck.

8. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I agree with PatO. Being single, and staying single, will be a real test for you.
    Please, to all the ladies here, do not take this as a sexist comment, but, this is the land of beautiful ladies that all want a foreign husband.
    Just relax and make very sure you find the right one for you.
    I took the easy way and met my wife on the Internet 10 months before I moved here. We were married six weeks after I got here.
    I was very lucky, I got the right lady.

9. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And.....one of the main things that upsets my wife is when girls flirt with me while she is with me. My wife may be only 4'10" and 92 pounds, but she has a real temper when that happens.
    She has a blouse that she likes to wear to the mall that says "he's cute, he's fine, and he's all mine".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.