Dumaguete Info Search

New to the Forum!!! Rick & Sue here...

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Rick&Sue, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We are moving to the Philippines in the next three-four months and have discovered Dumaguete as our prime relocation target.

We look forward to reading the posts on this forum and to getting to know you all!! :smile:

Rick & Sue

2. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    warm welcome to the forum, rick and sue...!
    dumaguete is just the best place to be...

3. OP
    OP
    Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks for the welcome! We are both just in AWE at the photos and everything we're reading about Dumaguete -- it's simply stunning!!!

Rick will be in the area from April 11-15 to do some househunting -- any recommendations for him in terms of housing and restaurants??

Thanks again,

Sue

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Welcome to dumaguete. There are plenty of houses depending on your budget. Just remember take your time. It always seems when you rush to move in after signing the contract something better comes along

5. OP
    OP
    Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks, Dave -- are you in Dumaguete? We are so looking forward to making our big move. :smile:

~ Sue

6. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    hi an welcome, take your time, it's good advice, it's cheap to rent, while your waiting, so take your time, i reapeated myself...for good reason!

hope you enjoy your stay :smile:

7. mits

mits DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi rick&sue, we lived in dgte 1992 to 2001 and now we live in germany and soon back again in dgte, my husband loves dgte.We have house in mangnao and one in Talay.House in mangnao has 4 bedrooms and it is available for rent, i'm not advertising my house to you but maybe just a help for some more info.Enjoy your time in Duma.

8. pravdaseeker

pravdaseeker DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello rick and Sue,

Keep us posted how it goes, any hangups, or surprises you encounter.

Very new to forum myself, and my wife and I will be visiting dumaguete in mid June.. for 2 weeks, to make sure we want to make the move..

Hoping to retire there, but a bit further out.. another 2 1/2 yrs it looks like.

but you never know... maybe sooner if lucky.. he he

Pravdaseeker

9. itsdon42

itsdon42 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi all a newbie here but for rick and sue is to follow coyotes advise that works well in cental americas too. give yoursel a little time in country to see what will be bettersuited for you . better to do that than to purchase a place that you later wish you hadn,t. i used to thinl highly of costa rica but overdevelopment by fellow gringos has ruined that haven for my taste. i have never been to the philippines but have developed a deep interest in it i mentioned somewhere that as an old goat i longed for a quiet place where i can sit by the sea and eat fresh fish caught by local fishermen. a lady responded and mentioned siquijor. the more i research it the more in love with it i get. very glad i found this site and hope to glean much here befor my oct trip to see you all. gb don ps can they keep the beer cold?

10. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Well...they can keep the beer cold but, unfortunately, most establishments don't. I think that it's mostly due to frugality in terms of keeping the freezers/refs set too warm and unplugging them after hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.