Dumaguete Info Search

New Year's Eve

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by glamourpuss, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glamourpuss

glamourpuss DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wondering what's going on for New Year's Eve, in Dumaguete. I've heard rumors of fireworks along the Boulevard, but what else goes on?

2. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    new years eve

casablanca offers a wonderful diningexperience with a 6course menu including champagne for 550 peso with

champagne

starter gardensalad with prawns and mangodressing

soup clear oxtailsoup with vegetablebrunoise

pasta chickenfettucine in herbalcream

fish tuna in mashpotatoe

meat porkfilet in baconwrapper on frid eggplant in peppersauce

dessert cocolademousse on plumcream

3. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I am having a debate with my Filipina wife which I am bound to lose. The meal at the Casablanca sounds wonderful and I am tempted to reserve a place for all of us. Her question is, quite naturally for her: "What will I do with all the food?".

That's the rub for the expat crowd, who might prefer an evening out. It is not the custom here. I dragged her out, much against her will, last New Year's Eve to the boulevard. We enjoyed the fireworks, the sounding of the ships' whistles and sirens and shared a midnight kiss. My middle-aged bride confessed that this was the first time that she had been outside her home as the New Year arrived.

It's a home and family celebration for the most part.

4. Franko

Franko DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    davfitz nice comment on New Years I enjoyed the read.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    There is also the yearly "long-nose- jump 'n run" contest at the boulevard. Brave longnoses walk from Bethel to Coco Amigo and try to avoid to get hit by fire-crackers thrown by local drunks and kids at them. Fun to watch for the whole family. The pre-elimination rounds have already started...

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Last New Years Eve, Asawa ko and I where sat outside why not bar having a cold one while watching a fire cracker display until one toppled over and started shooting at us, never seen my wife move so fast.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.