Dumaguete Info Search

Newbie - Introduction

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by funkydelicguy, Sep 23, 2011.

1. funkydelicguy

funkydelicguy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello peeps! :smile:
    i've just joined here and i'm glad i have found this site. \m/

I'm excited for my upcoming backpacking trip to Dumaguete on November 2011. This will be my first visit.
    I need your recommendations for any hostel/guesthouse or any accommodation on reasonable rate.
    What things/places not-to-miss and must-to-do for a 2-day stay?

Thank you.

2. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Hi Funky
    I am a newbie also I am not yet living in du yet but have been there a couple of times, I found the gazebo pension house on serbantis st. good at only P500 per night, don’t be put off by the pension bit I don’t know why they call them that, was air con & clean, whynot on the boulevard good food also disco if you into that, or you have the street food if you have a good stomach, also there KFC & mac,

Brian

3. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    funkydelicguy
    Take care traveling around the Philippines, and doing a packpacker style will be interesting to say the least. I'm not sure where you are from but, but that would be like being a backpacker in Mexico. It isn't some I would do.. but each to his own, Don't get me wrong the Philippines is the best place on earth in my book it is my home, But as a foreigner you are considered rich whether you are or you aren't this places you at risk. So always be aware of what is going on around you, there are always bad guys no matter what country you visit.