Dumaguete Info Search

Newbie observation about posters here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rizalscout, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Rizalscout

Rizalscout DI New Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm a retired expat living in Bangkok for 4 years, and I am very impressed with the posters here (no BS). Why? You are respectful. The largest and most common expat website in Thailand is Thaivisa.com (some of you may know it), and on every thread, at least 30 percent of the responses are sarcastic, cynical snarks. Its so bad we expats just joke about it and accept it is the case. What really got me noticing about the courtesy of folks here is someone had posted a thread about how to meet a nice women in the PI. Oh my gosh...I was ready for a 80% put-down rate, just knew almost all the responses would be who could be the funniest jackass in insulting the poster. I was amazed that there were serious replies, all of them I believe. Now I am wondering why that is...meaning why the posters in Thailand are so jaded.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Brian_Goddard

Brian_Goddard DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 6
    Hi Mate not all of us are jaded I try to be factual in my input however I agree with you in you comments plus Thai visa site most of the responses are from Richard Craniums. I am down in Baan Phea atm just waiting to see what I/O come up with the 65,000 Baht pcm pension issues

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rizalscout

Rizalscout DI New Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This new Thai retirement snag is probably why I will relocate to PI this year. I meet the monthly income requirement, but will not snatch money from the US to sit in a Thai bank. Love how the Thai change a rule....without putting a new one in place. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If someone gets too high of a post count to negative rating (trollin' and abhorrent) ratio they will get an automatic ban. Those that just come to sh*t-post generally get down-voted off the site by forum members rather quickly. Having a smaller user base also makes moderation a lot easier. I can't imagine the challenges of trying to moderate something as big as ThaiVisa.

• Like Like x 3