Dumaguete Info Search

Embassy Info News from U.S. Consulate Cebu

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by expatron, Sep 21, 2015.

1. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    acsinfomanila@state.gov

Today at 4:03 PM
    [​IMG]

U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines

Message for U.S. Citizens: Temporary Change in Procedures at Cebu Consular Agency Effective October 1, 2015

September 21, 2015

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE EMBASSY WARDEN SYSTEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.

Long serving U.S. Consular Agent John Domingo will retire from the Cebu Consular Agency on October 2, 2015, and our new Consular Agent, Glenn Loop, will take his place. During this transition period, we will temporarily reduce some American Citizen Services offered at the Agency, effective October 1, 2015.

Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA): Acceptance of CRBA applications at the Consular Agency in Cebu will be temporarily suspended until further notice. All CRBA applications will be processed at the U.S. Embassy in Manilausing our mail-in appointment system. For more information about the CRBA process and how to schedule an appointment, please visit our website, Consular Report of Birth Abroad and Derivative Citizenship | Manila, Philippines - Embassy of the United States.

All other services at the Cebu Agency such as the acceptance of Passport applications and Notarial Services and emergency service to U.S. citizens will continue uninterrupted.

We urge U.S. citizens with non-consular questions to contact the relevant agency/office directly.

·Social Security Administration (SSA) issues: Please contact SSA directly at: Tel: +63-2-301-2000 ext. 9, Fax: +63-2-708-9714/9723, Email: FBU.Manila@ssa.gov

·Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Issues: Please contact VA directly at: Tel: +63-2-550-3888, Fax: +63-2-550-3942

·US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues: Please contact USCIS directly at: Tel: +63-2-301-2000 ext. 2224, Fax: +63-2-301-2208, Email:MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov

·For questions related to nonimmigrant visa services, please call +63-2-976-8500/8501/8502 or send an email to CONSManilaNIV@state.gov. For questions related to immigrant visa services, please call +63-2-976-8500/8501/8502 or send an email to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com.

We thank you for your understanding during this transition period.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.

Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.

Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Reply, Reply All or Forward | More

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Mr. Domingo could be a bit testy at times but seemed to know his job duties quite well.

3. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    A bit testy??? I can think of a much more colorful description.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Last message from John Domingo.. He was a very good friend of mine in business, consulate matters and friendly friendship times, I will be sad to see him go but wish him the best..

My Fellow American,

This will be the last e-mail you will receive from me as I will be retiring from the State Department next Friday after 20 years of service to the American community in the southern Philippines. I started the Agency on October 1, 1995 and this October 1marks the closure of my career with the US Government. I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your support, friendship and understanding. I have met many of you personally and those of you who I did not have the pleasure of meeting I certainly hope that I was able to provide the help you required from our office. I will have many fond memories of my work with both the American and Filipino communities and feel rewarded in knowing that I hopefully was able to help many of you. I will be leaving the Philippines and returning back to the US after almost 40 years in the Far East. Part of time was with private industry and the other with the State Department. In that time I found a warm, friendly and proud American presence in this part of the country and for that I am equally proud and honored to have served you. I would like to wish all of you the best extending my warmest regards to your families and friends. God bless all of you and God bless our great country the United States of America.

John Domingo

US Consular Agent

• Thanks Thanks x 1