Dumaguete Info Search

Nice Board

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Philippinediver, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippinediver

Philippinediver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Glad to see a Board dedicated to Dumaguete. This will be a winner as the timing is perfect for the unbridled growth that is quickly coming to this small ex-pat enclave of Negros. I had been living in Dumaguete for a year with my wife Lynnette. We left for a short time but, are now returning. I have a website called Philippine Diver Home Page . It is covers my coming to and life in Philippines for the past two years. I think it could be of interest to members of the Board. I know it makes good reading if I do say so myself. Would be happy to address any questions.

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Why is the tread ( NICE BOARD ) so NEGATIVE about Fillipina women ??

If you check out the link given in the tread NICE BOARD you will find HARDLY ANY POSITVE word from the pen of this " gentleman " when it comes to his judgment about the Fillipina girls /women and lifestyle.They steal ,they lie , they "hang out " with other Fillipnos ?? and so on. Perhaps his own experience tells him so , but then perhaps the girl had a good reason for doing so !! BUT WHY THEN is he telling us he is returning to DUMAGUETE ?

He would welcome questions he said So here we go :
    What is so great about killing ,for no good reason ,a 100 LBS giant grouper ?? You are bragging about it if you have caught him with your bare hands , but no ,you went for the easy (sleasy ?) way and used a spear .YOU ARE A REAL BIG BOY !! Is this the only way you can proof your Masculinity ? Hundreds of others would have LOVED to see him alife at the site..You post so much NEGATIVE things about the Philippines and yet DARE to say you are moving overthere ? There must be something realy wrong with your attitude or perhaps a bad childhood ? If you are looking for acceptance here , you better change somethings quickly .You are a genuine insult to all loving and carring Fillipina women ,and for this board .

AND WHAT TO THINK ABOUT HIS CLOSING REMARKS : I KNOW IT MAKES GOOD READING ,IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF !!! Some people may not like you at all , Mr. Ego Tripper. !!One for sure is me !!

Attached Files:

3. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    In defense of phildiver's grouper ... earl, you are a bit harsh there
    Spearfishing is not allowed on the natural coral reefs - it is (or used to be- its been a while since I lived in Tampa) restricted to artificial reefs that have been set up in areas lacking in hard bottom substrate. One purpose of the artificial reefs is to provide sports divers an opportunity to spear fish without impacting the natural reef systems - the reefs are made largely from concrete /rebar and other non toxic debris. However, I think a big fish like that deserved to be left alone - the meat on larger groupers is mealy and almost inedible anyway. Although the impact of spearfishing in Fla. is small compared to other catch methods (unlike in the philippines) it's the more the principle of the thing ... especially a big fish like that...
    Also, the lobster population in the Keys is deccimated every July by a veritable spanish armada of boats in a 2 day "sportsman season" the weekend before lobster season starts in August. What a zoo. I lived in Key Largo for 2 years and endured it - US1 bumper to bumper with SUV's and boat trailers. Although there are strict regulations on min. size and number (6 lobster per person per boat max of 24) that were enforced, often you find carapaces in the water where people have illegally taken the tails and most of the shorts have broken antennas - wait, what was I defending?

4. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Just for your information , I was living myself in Miami for a while and also am aware that they tear the Lobster ALIVE apart . The tail goes home , the remainings ( stay alive for several hours) into the Basura . I do understand you Cebudiver , but not the ones that Go for such "sports " So we talk about SPORT DIVERS right ? Okay so correct me if I am wrong , the SPORT is to just kill without reason a big fish that is likely even more or less dormant in his " aritificial cave " to get a picture of the fresh kill to show to your buddies that will applause for you ? It nothing else then shooting from the back of an elephant the other elephant with a fully automatic weapon ..A sitting Duck !! Wow, now that is sheer fun , right.? Guess we will get more response over the comming days..

5. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I am an avid protector of natural environments but relax my standards somewhat when it comes to man made environments and domesticated plants and animals - for instance, a mink coat made from farmed minks does not bother me but a pelt from a rare snow leopard taken from its natural environment is inexcusable. and dont get me started on the sea turtle and sea snake products I saw in Japan - but there is a place in the ecosystem for bungalo bill - since man has eliminated many natural predators the prey (deer, etc.) tend to overpopulate during the summer when the forest has a higher carrying capacity and then when the winter kicks in there isnt enough food and you get wretched anemic animals by springtime - better to have the great white hunter come in and do his thing so the survivors will be
    healthier. I personaly dont get my kicks that way but it does an environmental service if properly regulated - and I know and respect a lot of people that enjoy hunting even I don't understand the appeal and think of it as negative side to their persona - sort of the way I feel about gays .... the world would be sorta dull if everyone agreed on everything
    Personally, I would fight to protect a wetland but not an individual bird -
    the normal situation in a healthy environment is that there are many more members of each species born than there is a suitable habitat for and when one dies it makes life easier for the survivors - as I look at more and more intellegent animals (by my subjective appraisal, of course) I am more apt to have concern for the individual for its own sake -
    I eat beef, chicken and pork but try and watch my intake of food whose capture results in inordinate environmental damage, even if it tastes good - shrimp, for instance is a bigger moral dilemma for me than veal

6. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well I guess we would have lots to talk about, Cebudiver . I repesent my government on grants given to Bio-Scientific Environmental Projects... I understand you point of view , pretty much. On the shrimps I can tell you that there is NO impact to the environment ,simply as all prawns are hatched in Laboratory and raised in tanks and big ponds like in many places I visited for my work throughout Batangas . A small warning however is at its place here. All tigerprawns from Batangas suffer of White Spot Desease. Not to be confused with the WSD known with fish ( Odinium occelatum or Cryptokarion irritans. ) Thats all fooks !!

7. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    A serious diver is not a spearfish diver.
    A serious diver is a guest underwater and have to act like a guest.
    So a spearfish diver is not a serious diver and in whole my diving about 1500 I did never kill a fish, and I cannot understand divers who do that.
    And I am sick whe I broke a corral.

About Filippinas, dont judge them because they live in a different world with big and poor family's to support and the family goes first at the Philines.
    You have the money so how can you look in their head coz you live in an other world.
    I respect every Filippina what ever she is or whatever she did and no matter how old she is.

Greeting J.Diver

8. vette77

vette77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Diver , I agreee with you. The Philippine women are the best.and they are close familly's
    As far as girls using men for personel gain, welllll the USA is full of them ane they are not Philippino ladies

9. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    THE FILIPINO PEOPLE ARE THE MOST PEACEFUL AND THE FILIPINA IS THE MOST LOVING AND LOYAL WIFE IN THE WORLD BUT THE GIRLS THAT philippinediver HAS MENTIONED ARE MAYBE GIRLS THAT HE HAS MET IN THE BARS IN ANGELES OR MANILA WHO HAVE BEEN LIED TO AND TREATED BAD BY MEN WHO THINK BECAUSE THEY HAVE LOTS OF MONEY CAN DO AS THEY LIKE TO THE GIRL WITH OUT THINKING THAT THE GIRL HAS FEELING AND IS HUMAN AS WELL.

10. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    earlmj - the prawns are farm raised and dont taste as good as shrimp , which are usually caught with net boats that have 90% bycatch and if it doesnt have a TED on it drowns turtles as well (I am origionally from Tampa which has a large shrimping industry)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.