Dumaguete Info Search

No Classes, Government Work Nationwide on Oct. 16 2017

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Brian Oinks, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I read this and from what I understand it will be Nationwide. Does anyone know if Dumaguete/Negros Oriental will have a Jeepney - Transport Strike also including the closure of local Schools?

No Classes, Government Work Nationwide on Oct. 16 2017
    MALACAÑANG announced on Sunday the suspension of classes in both public and private schools and work in all government offices nationwide to avoid public inconvenience due to planned two-day transport strike. The Pagkakaisa ng mga Samahan ng Tsuper at Opereytor Nationwide (Piston) along with other militant groups are set to conduct a transport strike from October 16-17 to oppose the government's Public Utility Jeepney Phaseout program. Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar said the suspension will only be for Monday. He also said the work suspension in private offices is not covered as it is subject to the discretion of their employers. Piston national president George San Mateo said the Jeepney modernization will affect thousands of Jeepney drivers as well as their families as it will require them to buy a new vehicle which is more expensive.

"Duterte has not only rejected our demand to junk the previous Aquino administration's PUJ phaseout program, he is now even rushing its implementation to complete the monopoly take-over of our livelihood by his big business cronies and foreign auto industry giants," he said.

The Land Transportation Franchise and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) said it will deploy buses with special permits to convey passengers who will be affected by the protest. Work in all courts nationwide will be suspended on Monday due to the scheduled nationwide transport strike to be held by groups in protest to the Jeepney modernization program. Supreme Court Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno has also suspended work in all courts nationwide on Monday. In Cebu province, Mandaue City Mayor Luigi R. Quisumbing announced on Sunday the suspension of work in Mandaue City Hall except for Rescue/Emergency/Traffic responders and those otherwise designated. Quisumbing said the city will deploy vehicles to assist in the possible shortage of public transport as cancellation of work in the private sector remains to be the discretion of their respective management. In Davao City, Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio declared on Friday the suspension of class from kindergarten to college also on Monday due to the planned strike of Transport of Southern Mindanao for Solidarity, Independence and Nationalism.

No classes, gov't work nationwide on Oct. 16

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It looks like it should include Dumaguete. I know if I were still in school I wouldn't want to show up. Excuse letter from the president should be good enough. :wink: lol

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My issue is I have a 9am appointment with the Attorney Monday Morning and in the past two weeks my Daughter has been lucky if she attended 5 days out of the 10 due to either Teachers taking time off, some stupid WOW Day off or OMG THE SKY IS FALLING so no Students get wet STAY HOME NA LANG! I WISH back in my day (break out the violins lol) it was like that instead of trudging my way to the school in the middle of a Cyclone then back home again trying to avoid the flooded areas! :biggrin: lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I do know that school is canceled in Dumaguete tomorrow. Don't know if that applies to whatever you are doing with your attorney. Courts will be closed so if it involves that you will have a day off.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    And another day off on the 20th oct due to buglasan.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    MANILA ONLY! For tomorrow they have a public transport strike.

7. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We were informed by the school (Foundation University Dumaguete) today that indeed there are no classes tomorrow.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    According to my daughter silliman are expecting all students to attend, I see no reason for Negros to be caught up in this

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    No school tomorrow for Don Bosco. I expect a Saturday make up class.

10. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My visa was due to extend tomorrow, that's what I get for putting off until the last day... oh well there goes a thousand pesos LOL

• Funny Funny x 1