Dumaguete Info Search

No Draft Beer

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by PatO, Jun 11, 2014.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I dropped by Garcia’s to meet up with a good friend back here from the states. I haven’t been there since last September - I’m aware of the ownership change. I was looking forward to a draft beer in a chilled mug like I used to order. Ordered a draft but the server muttered something I didn’t understand except the no draft part.
    Miss you Gerry.

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Garcia's has regularly been out of draft beer as long as I have gone there. He has been out often when I went there and more often he has mentioned it on his Facebook page. San Miguel simply can't keep them stocked. He has even talked about going Coors in the past.

There aren't many places which offer draft beer in town. Maybe it's just not a priority. Maybe not enough orders get filled in Dumaguete for them to work out a more solid system. Maybe shipping is a major pain in the @ss.

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I have never been there, but it has had great reviews in the past. Is it still worth going there?

4. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Any place which has popped up in your radar for good reviews is worth going to. This is such a small place.

Absolutely it's worth going there. It's a beautiful place and I like the pizza. There has been little to no changes there. The new owner actually has some experience in the industry compared to Gerry's zero experience. Gerry was able to pull it off because he was passionate about the idea and had the tools to do the place right.

So, I expect that by the time the owner starts making changes, then it may actually turn out better.

5. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Shakey's has draft beer. I had one yesterday but either it or the glass smelled. Not an absolute terrible smell ..I don't have it often so I don't know if that's normal for it or not

6. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I was in Shakeys 2 weeks ago and asked for a draft beer and . . No Stock sir!

7. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    This is Gerry, one of the biggest challenges when I owned the bar was to get regular supplies and decent dispensing equipment. Roland (new owner) has in the last 2 weeks received the new machine I screamed for month after month.

The beer is cold and fresh and being served in a mug out of the freezer. Stop by and give it a try...

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Yes, Gerry, you are absolutely right. One just has to walk in any supermarket a dozen times to notice that if you see something you like, you better buy a bunch of it, cuz it ain't likely to be there tommorow or next week.

I stopped by Garcia's one evening last week. The draft beer was cold and served in a frosty mug.

Larry

9. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    Did you buy a bunch of it?

10. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    We did!

Or I did anyways. Though my memory is a bit fuzzy. :wink: