Dumaguete Info Search

No Quarentine?

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by God Bless Texas, Jan 28, 2022.

1. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    Let us hope they don't change their mind.

News announced that vaccinated travelers are welcome starting Feb 10

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    not exactly on topic but here's a cut from a text chat with the Sibulan RHU (rural health unit) concerning my recent home covid isolation.

Sibulan RHU ;
    Sir ur RT PCR result came out positive. How many days you've been isolating sir? Since the new guidelines now of DOH only 7 days quarantine from day 1 of symptoms until day 7 no symptoms at all. And no repeat swab

me;
    tnx for ur msg. i started isolating on 22 jan , (10pm) after the Sibulan ambulance team gave me a ride home from polymedic hospital. i've had no symptoms. i'm not clear, can i go out again on sunday 30 january? tnx,

Sibulan RHU;
    yes sir on jan 30 if no symptoms at all you can end your quarantine. keep safe

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    There are always those extenuating circumstances. For EG. - I know an American that got scammed by his girl-friend (another story- another thread) and has to get a ticket back to USA from the Embassy in Manila due to the fact he has no funds. They give 1 year to pay it back. He flies out next week with no vaccine but does need to take a PR Test with-in 24 hours of departure.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    It seems that the new rules for fully vaccinated international travellers are:
    Entering the country, no Covid test and no facility based quarantine required. Self-monitor for any symptoms for 7 days.
    Leaving the country, a RT-PCR test (negative) required within 48 hours of departure.
    Odd that a test should be required on departure, but not on arrival, especially when the destination country may not now require a test for arrivals. Seems back-to-front.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    Not sure where No test to enter info came from. According to this PCR tests are still needed prior to coming.

6. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I think you misread the news Mike, a negative test is still required for entry, to be taken before departure from the country of origin.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    This is the article I read - if the test is required for incoming travellers only, then it's very poorly written, as if you're correct, it mentions travellers as both 'Incoming' and 'Outbound', under the same direction of travel requirements.

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/202...s3TIG-1mOWctMJnZhyHghWsC0_kQS05gvqPAIU5DxOon8

8. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    • Informative Informative x 1