Dumaguete Info Search

Noreco 11

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by jimeve, Aug 11, 2015.

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We just got our electric supply connected, After having an existing account transfers to my wife's name.

We where surprised that we had to pay P5000 just to have it transferd. Is this normal practice from Noreco 11? or is long nose tax? Or something else?

2. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    That seem like a lot , who told you that it was the cost? will you be getting a receipt for the full amount? I would be dropping into D.T.I just to make sure .

• Like Like x 1
  3. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    BILL DEPOSIT; is the amount paid when applying/obtaining a new electric connection, which shall be refunded after building completion.
    I have a total of 15 Electric meter unit, and 2 bill deposit has been refunded total more or less 6,000 pesos 3 years ago.

Now, i lost track on my records and lost the receipts of other accounts which could total more or less 20-30k pesos(that's about 10sacks of rice and 10 kilos of yellow fin tuna). :greedy::greedy::greedy:
    Recently, i found 2 more receipts of BILL DEPOSIT dated Nov. 2014 total amounted:6,317.46, When i went to claimed for my refund, i was told to come back after 3 years! :banghead::banghead::banghead: on 20 November 2017(2 year from now) i will get back my refund without interest!!!yes!. No receipts NO refund!! so i must secure safe the original paper because they dont have records or it is what"is more fun in philippines"..I told very nicely the lady that i have 15 bills to be refunded, but lost some of the receipts..and very nicely echoed"Sorry No receipts-No refund". :whistling::whistling::whistling:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Jim I think you may have not have had this explained well at all to your wife.
    When you transfer an account into another name it actually starts a new account and cancels out the original. Now to hold an account with Noreco which is a Cooperative your wife will need to be a member, I believe the fee for this is around 3.000 peso, then you have the load deposit which for a normal house is around 2.500 peso or as it sounds only 2.000 based on Prior usage. So the 5.000 is about right in this instance.
    My Wife has said, that many times people don't always understand things when they are told and get frightened to ask Why again? She apologizes on noreco 11's behalf if things seem strange but if you or your Wife are still not happy then visit customer services or her and she will take you to the dealing department for clarification further.

Jim I hope this clears things up for you. There is no long nose tax at Noreco, all are treated the same, good or bad depending on how you view it.
    BTW the original account holder will get all her/his money back as long as they have the receipts. But if not they should visit customer Services with as many paid accounts copies as possible and supporting ID's

Jack P.:smile:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks for the info Jack, wife is already a member of Noreco for about 6 years ago, Maybe it's because it's a three story house and has lot of wall sockets and three Panels. This now I understand thanks to your explaining, making it clear.

As you know I'm in the UK and yes my wife does not explain well at all. But we are getting there. Looking foreword to returning to Dumaguete in the winter.

I will pass this on to my wife. Jim :thumbsup:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439318423,1439318169][/DOUBLEPOST]
    She keeps all receipts, I will tell her to make sure she keeps them safe.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They know if they took the money from you. They should have that receipt on record. Sometimes you just have to shake your head at the nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It does make you wonder how many receipts get lost over the period, probably fairly high I would think.
    It is a nonsense this deposit they charge for a basic service. Does anyone else know af any other countries who do this?

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Not Directly about Noreco II but a bit on Electric and some other Deposits. Ir is not just Noreco II that does this. UK, Spain and Gibraltar all do. Even the US have a Deposit Structure and I read Canada.

**When relocating to an apartment for the first time or simply changing scenery from one city or another you will usually be asked for several deposits. The water company may want a deposit, your electricity utility will almost always want a deposit **

Full page:
    Electricity Company Deposits

Just trying to help where I can :wink:

JP :whistling:

9. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Thank you once again NORECO for ruining a good nights sleep Sunday a.m. early with your blackouts killing my air-con. What is your excuse this time ? Are you putting as I guess unexperienced low seniority employees on to work the week-end and nights? It almost always seems that way. Have a great day, you have ruined mine.

10. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-