Dumaguete Info Search

NORECO 2 Electricity Bills

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by tommytnf, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommytnf

tommytnf DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do you guys pay your NORECO 2 Electricity bills?
    Queuing up in NORECO’s Office for half a day or so until the 600 or so numbers before you have been called up?
    I asked the clerk last time I paid, and was told in total seriousness to come to NORECO, get a statement of account, and then go to one of the banks they work with to pay there. It would be funny if it was not sad, and the clerk did not even see the funny part of it, telling me to first queue up in NORECO in order to get the privilege to queue up at the bank again.
    I am paying GLOBE’s phone/internet bills online thru’ the internet, but it seems NORECO are still stuck in the 19th century (brownouts, low voltage, mode of payment…..)

2. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Welcome to the Philippines pal :wink:

3. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Noreco

While I was living in the Philippines I made friends with the NORECO branch manager when my Bill came I just gave him the money he took care of it. I just bought he a beer once in a while when I saw him in town.

4. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    No doubt, properly managed, this official could become and remain pissed out of his gourd full time should he make the same offer to the general public.

We must understand that the Filipino way of doing things is uniquely theirs. At the same time, not everyone has the spare time to invest in worthless causes like paying their power bill in the current fashion.

Surely there is a better way, non?

5. cardijo

cardijo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sure, I let my girlfriend wait there and in the meantime, I drink a beer or two or three at the boulevard

6. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    The only way to deal with it

It's good to see someone else has figured it out. Filipinas have developed the patience to deal with this crap. My wife long ago tired of my impatience and prefers to take care of these things herself. I also can be found on the Blvd. enjoying a cold one. Life is good.

7. jesusitshot

jesusitshot DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I pay the all the bills myself just get the queue number and smoke out side whilst waiting. You get use to the Filipino way and the best time to go is late in the afternoon about 4 oclock when you only wait about 15 minutes or so. Of course when I was highly addicted to beer and very lazy I used to send the girlfriend of whom I found out late hated waiting. Please do not assume Filipino's are not impatient too, your find they are just as impatient as you and girlfriends and wives just want to please you. Most Filipina's hate their men drinking and just like the waiting thing no its a fact of life its the way things are. Its the status quo.

Hey and some nice chicks pass by, it makes the waiting interesting whilst you check the number board of which you can see from out side. Same with paying the water bill.

8. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    That's what's great about living in the Philippines. Everyone gets to do it their own way. My wife of 30 years accepts waiting in line as part of life here. I usually don't have to so I choose not to.
    Kenny

9. jesusitshot

jesusitshot DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Could not agree more, you get what you pay for its not like home, we pay to be here and its no use in moaning and in any case the good things really do outshine the bad things. In my case I love being with beautiful young women (too expensive in UK) I like spending money on my entertainment (too expensive in UK). I like living in a nice house (too expensive in UK). I like the sunshine (not much of that in UK). I hate red tape and my personal data being in the wrong peoples hands (Government) (too much of that in UK).

It's laid back here the status quo suits me, the noise a well you get use to that, the silly things, well they become amusing. Queuing up well if its a very long wait come back to morrow, what's the rush, timing is important find out when a place is not busy such as you don't go into a fast food place at noon to 1 o'clock. Normally here in Duma if you go late and not early in the day to pay bills there is less hassle.

Let's face it Dumaguete is a nice place to be and one of the better cities of the Philippines.

Hint its best to ask the partner if she does really like queuing up, she does it because she knows you hate that may be an assumption but knowing these lovely girls I am sure to have a 80% chance of being right. All three of my prior relationships with Filipina's were built on that foundation. One day I realized I did not know where to go to pay the bills, that was when I was fat and over weight and extremely lazy and unhealthy.

The wake up call was a mild heart attack, I have stopped being lazy and sticking my self down at a watering hole while the true love wanders off and does everything. The good life can be dangerous to your health and wealth. lol

If your to big to fit in your car seat, its time to exercise walk and find good reasons to do so like paying the bills, doing the shopping, gardening etc, etc.

Yes we can what and how we like in the Philippines.

10. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    The status quo

jesusitshot that was well said it seems you have a good understanding of how to live in the Philippines.. Now if only all the expats could understand what a great place we would have to hang our hats...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.