Dumaguete Info Search

Noreco 2 to install on-site renewable energy facility

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rye83, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Negros Oriental Electric Cooperative 2 will install an on-site renewable energy facility such as solar, wind, biomass and biogas energy systems so they can generate electricity for their own consumption.

General manager Dinefred Macahig in a press release said the electric cooperative is mandated under Republic Act 9513, otherwise known as the Renewable Energy Act of 2008, the net metering is an electricity policy that allows customers of distribution utilities.

Macahig said the capacity of the renewable energy facility should not exceed 100 kilowatts.

He said any electricity generated that is not used by the customer is automatically exported to Noreco II's distribution system. The cooperative will then give a peso credit for the excess electricity exported to its distribution system that is equivalent to its blended generation cost, excluding other generation adjustments, and will subtract the credits earned to the customer's electric bill when the customer uses the electricity supplied by Noreco II when the renewable energy is not available.

DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

I think renewable energy still has a long way to go but good to see they are rewarding people who are adopting these power sources early.

Also the first I have heard of "biogas" as a renewable energy source. I guess I should have been saving all those farts to get a discount on my electricity!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Peter

Peter DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 9
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    We have this system in Aus and i have it on my roof it is great and saves me a lot of money it depends on how much they want to buy your power at

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The last I heard when I looked into this was they were paying p4-4.5 kW. But you also had to be vat registered to receive a rebate.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am interested. If I ever decide to buy something again I plan on using renewable energy to offset the price of local electric etc... Maybe even off grid if possible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    If you have a solar panel installation on your roof, better apply for Net Metering scheme with Noreco 2. The sun is blazing nowadays, your panel will be generating excess electricity. That will flow to the system, and it will be billed in your favor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1