Dumaguete Info Search

Question NORECO Lazada Bill Payment Error

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rye83, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Has anyone here ever paid NORECO too much through Lazada? Can't find anything on Lazada FAQs that would help resolve the issue. I messaged NORECO through Lazada but haven't received a reply yet. I made a stupid, and expensive, mistake that involved an extra zero.

Curious what to expect here. Can they refund the transaction through Lazada or will they credit my account (and I won't be paying electricity for the next 9-10 months). If they credit my account will I get a discount for early early payment and will the credit show up on my bill?

2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I'm thinking the best you can do is go to Noreco headoffice and ask to speak to the head of their accounting dep. (because that's where your payment will end up being registered). Once they can find your payment, I'm thinking they'll probably authorize a refund (afaik they are not at all able/equipped to register prepayment because nobody ever does that).

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I figured that is what I would need to do but I was really hoping to avoid it.

I'm sure someone has done it before. Surely I'm not the first person that has overpaid...all the landlords and property owners that lease to businesses here that have multiple accounts. I'm sure someone has mixed up accounts before. Also, a lot of businesses here prefer to give account credit instead of cash refunds. In my experience the practice of "store/business credit" is the preferred method of dealing with any type of refund. I really don't care which way it goes I just want to make sure the money is either credited or refunded.

@Jack Peterson do you have any thoughts on this?

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Sorry, I have no idea about this and asking her Indoors she say she don't understand this either but overpayments are normally put to credit :bag:

• Like Like x 1