Dumaguete Info Search

"normal" fish and corals

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by Rhoody, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    As I always post special critters in sandy area, I thought by myself it is time to put some normal "Fishfish" and corals up... That's one of the terms I am using when conducting briefings:.... On the next dive I try to find you some frogfish, nudibranchs, maybe different ghostpipes... but have also a closer look at all the beautifull "fishfish" around...

cheers

Rhoody
    more nice pictures on: Philippinen Tauchen (sorry in german, but with english section in the forum)

Attached Files:

2. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Very Nice Rhoodi. Your German site is also impressive, although I only know broken German the gist is quite clear. Thank you so much for showing the world how beautiful my home is.

Prosit
    Progmeister

3. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    thank you prog,

I just love your country, almost everything about it... I build my german page because most german webpages about the philippines are run by travelagents, or have a lot of content like: visit only this Resort, cause that resort is sh... I want to inform neutral without promoting Resorts, I just want to show options and opportunities.
    That's also a reason why I put an english section in the Forum, because I have quite some english visitors on the page (and that after ony 4 weeks online). Everybody is invited to join my board, and put some english topics up which should be discussed...
    Philippinen Tauchen Foren - Powered by vBulletin
    hmmm, still raining... and cold outside... freezing girls make the "thingie" at develins even more interresting... hehe

cheers

Rhoody

4. progmeister

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Rhoody,

It's the pearl of the orient in the first place so enough said :smile: It's understandable that those non-Pinoy websites would only recommend certain spots as they are probably mis-informed. You are one of the people opening their eyes and going "hey, look at what you guys are missing". I think I speak for everyone in this forum as I say Well Done Mate!! Outstanding! Keep up the good work!!
    And the same goes to you regarding the pictures you posted very recently. You know what I'm talking about - not the fish :smile: Man, I'm thirsty!! :D

Slán

Progmeister

5. progmeister

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I just noticed that I am now a DI member so pardon me while I go
    WUUUHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!:D

6. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Nice pitures Rhoody . I will refrain from going into sceintific names as before :wink: though it is tempting hehehe. BUT .. The BIG fish is very SARAP !! I did never eat it in the Phils , but in the Red Sea... Although I did not know it untill I went to the kitchen to clean my plate and opend the dumpster.. THEN !! I noticed the tails oeps...
    They were BBQ and they had chopped of the tails....

7. progmeister

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Absolutely right, earl, you only need to grill it, make some "sawsawan" of vinegar and toyomansi, big plate of rice and you're laughing:D

I have to stop myself from drooling :p

8. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    You guys talking about grilled fish with sawsawan of venigar and toyomansi which incidentally, I have the toyomansi in my pantry. Last week I grilled a tilapia about four lbs(not in charcoal) in electric, but it's still very good. It's absolutely yummmyy! My cat Sam, drolls too when he sees me eating fish. I have to share him just a little bit as he has medical problems. Mind you the tilapias here are big ones, come from Hawaiian islands. When I'm in the Philippines I don't buy the tilapia there because I've heard they feed them with "iti sa manok". Ilabit na tong dalayang, bahu gyud ka-ayo. It is very sickening just to think about it. I really don't mean to make you feel sick, prog. Sorry. :smile: :D.

9. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    TILAPIA and that I can do for / to you..

Well Swany , Eating Tilapia worldwide is okay , but here it is bad news!
    The Tilapia as you righly puted here is normaly a BIG FISH .
    It originates form Africa ,and the one they grow hrer is some 30 years ago imported by Dr. Wilson Ang ,who has been crossbreeding it between three different strains.
    It is much smaller then the ones you have there for sure.. Anyway . They feed them in Batangas with Duck Weed . That comes for free , BUT !! grows in sillent water that contain a high level of NITRATE. Duck weed trive on Nitrate ad thus.. What the fish eats .. passes on to you . A major setback is cuased by this diet as the fish is ALWAYS hungry as Duck feed has no nutricious value to speak of , compare bit what the Gian panda bear has to do in staying alive on it bamboo diet..FInaly result is lesser growth , bad tissue textures and so on..
    As result of shortage in these values , lacking almost everything the fish needs, their are numerous attacks of internal and external parasites on the fish leading to ill quality and bad for the human health as already posted here. I can continue for hours on this topic ,but I guess as intelligent as you are ,no need to explain any further .
    So EAT ALL YOU CAN , while in Hawaii. I have been several times In Honolulu. I was amazed by the two climateZones on one Island meaning complete Dessart on one side and so much greens on the other . Also I found Poison Arrow frogs , normaly found in Souith Amercia , but they explained they were imported as pest comtrol for the musquitos. Mind you they like Fruit fly better..
    Anyway , once in Dumaguete . let have a cup of coffee or two..

10. progmeister

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Ok ra swanny, I have a strong gut and it would take more than that to make me sick or put me off :D dalayang - haven't heard that word in a long while :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.