Dumaguete Info Search

NORSU Continue!!!

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by onmosh, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onmosh

onmosh DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    --- from weena
    hi,there..welcome.kabalo ka..galisod ko gamay ug sabot sa imo nga post apan na gets ra jud nko!!If you are now a student in NORSU then you have all the power to do something about it.Miingon man ka
    kung where na lang mo eskwela ag mga students kung sige na lang ug increase ang tuition, di ba?Then,try something else to support your education.Why not get a scholarship? Isn't that a very good idea???Apan ang pangutana mao ni-"Are you one of the deserving students who should be granted a SCHOLARSHIP?

---

Sorry for the missed up bisa-lish.

You don't know what your saying weena!

SCHOLARSHIP is not the solution for everything. see, you said if your not deserving student so you cannot get scholarship? can you explain that to me? is that helping?

if your an open minded person, you need to find solution not just for yourself but you need to think the other people as well.

im here not to fight with people but im finding solutions and asking some suggestion what they/you can contribute for helping the community.

Education is very important to us. Value it!!!

2. weena

weena DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey, there..don't tell me what to say or not to say.this is a free country and i have the right to say what's on my mind.it's freedom of speech MISTER!!If you're a HE!! Anyway, i didn't reply to get into a fight with you.i just gave my own opinion and being a person who posted something in here should be willing to accept anything and don't get pissed about it!! you were asking for comments and suggestions then hear people out! and don't get so mad about it.

And you were saying-"SCHOLARSHIP is not the only solution".YES!! it's not! but i was just trying to help.ONMOSH, I spoke something what's on my mind!!and if you're not happy about it then stop whining!!!And to tell you the truth....I VALUE EDUCATION SO MUCH!!! And for your information i TEACH!!!

3. OP
    OP
    onmosh

onmosh DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hehehe.
    im not pissed about you. just want to gave my opinion to those people who replied. but i think you are the one who pissed.
    hehehe.
    and i think its a free country, why? because why were paying our vehicle parking. right? is that free?

you speak whats on your mind?

what if your having conversation with your boss/directors/manager then suddenly you got mad about what he/she/they said. are you going to speak out whats in your mind?

hhmm.... you TEACH for profit or benefit?

4. sillimanian

sillimanian DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    A word of advice Onmosh, seeing that you're quite concerned about education:
    Best to stick to Bisaya, or brush up on your English.

5. missglenda

missglenda DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OMG!! seems like you're fighting 'bout NORSU's tuition [and everything]... stop arguing!!

okay i have something to share..
    "after comparing the tuitions between all the universities there [in dgte] and here in manila... i found it cheaper than expected..."
    i have a cousin who's currently studying in NORSU Bais [taking eduaction course], her tuition was like P6,000/sem... OMG!!

6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    You're logic is a little off.

In the Philippines, you have a right to speak your opinion. It's called "freedom of speech" and I believe it's in your constitution. You may not have that same right in other countries when speaking about certain subjects. For example, in certain countries you can be detained for speaking negatively about the government.

Of course, you don't have total freedoms, so Weena was a little off. You don't have the freedom to commit murder, but the flipside of that restriction is that by denying you the right to commit murder, the government is protecting the rights of others (your possible victims.)

Parking your vehicle (as well as driving) is a privilege, not a right.

Being employed is also a privilege. An employer doesn't have to give you a job. You have the right to tell your boss to x-off but he also has the right to fire you for doing so.

Unfortunately for you, secondary education is a right, but higher education is not.

I feel your pain though. Tuition costs in the U.S. are also rising rapidly. I'm not sure there is anything we can do about that except find alternatives. One day the tuition bubble is going to burst and people are going to flock to techical schools, community colleges and online education.

7. OP
    OP
    onmosh

onmosh DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hehehe... don't wanna say something nah.

its not helping...

8. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Okay, so you are posting here to say that you aren't going to say anything? :confused:

9. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I think The Dude hit on something...tuition costs are rising faster than inflation, but, ultimately, I think the continued emergence of online education will keep them in check.

That, however, may take a little longer to be implemented here in the Philippines, at least for less expensive institutions. But, I have friends who already are setting up some of the more prestigious univesities here with the ability to administer online education from a US institution simultaneously with their local curriculum. This allows the Philippine-based student to be conferred with degrees from both the RP and US institutions (at a fraction of the cost of attending in the US.)

It's not hard to imagine that expanding to more online-based higher education. (Perhaps less-expensive, RP-accredited options...)

10. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have students at home and one is in college now. But before the enrollment (June) I was so happy I thought I can send him to NORSU, but money was tight then I was not able to give him a total amount for the whole semester. They are cheap compared to other schools but asking the total amount of the semester-tuition upon enrollment is way too much for poor people like us.

So now I am happy I was able to let him study in one of the city's colleges which is asking around a thousand per month or where the total tuition is spread in 5 terms. So that is for me not too much, since I have to pay my own bills here and the bills in PI of course.

But that is one way of keeping our youths off the streets or to prevent them to stay at home where they don't grow academically and socially.

I am always poor and since in my grade 3, teachers took me to their homes and let me help them with the light households. And during my high school I was always a working student. So I clean the house, cook food for everybody before and after school. I was lucky they are sending me to normal day school; not to a night school.

Colleges and universities offer also scholarships for students - working students. They don't have to be academic scholars with high scholastic records but as working students : they can clean the libraries, classrooms, work in the canteen, or involve in sports. They, too, have scholarships offered for students who are involve in sports/school band.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.