Dumaguete Info Search

not again

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by alex, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I read on face book of an expat punching a guard at rob. mall yesterday ill leave out the details as they may not be correct, this kind of act is not good for any of us. i never have a problem wirh they guards there they have a job to do.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. albundy

albundy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 13
    yeah poking a guy with a gun :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    o_O Absolutely correct Alex, We have all been here long enough to know the Drill and if Someone is new to an Area/Country, one think they would be savvy enough to inquire about Local/National Customs/Rules.

OR are we getting a new Breed of Arrogance Arriving?:eek:
    Lets see how this unfolds, No doubt it will, as again it is a foreigner involved?

JP:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I curious as to why someone would punch the security guards; they barely touch you going in, I don't think it qualifies as an inconvenience.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    There is more than arrogance if you punch a man, guard or whoever with a gun.... there is stupidity too. We should bring courtes
    There is more than arrogance involved if you punch a man, woman or guard or whoever with a gun.... there is stupidity too o_O. We should bring courtesy and respect from our mother countries for ourselves and others, not arrogance and pride... there is already plenty of those traits already here before any of us arrived. I have always treated the guards with respect and they treat me the same way. We even usually have few word conversation as I walk by them.(like is your sister free tonight :wink:) I treat them with respect because I do not want to be shot trying to walk out the entrance aisle :oops:. Rules are rules... and thinking is.... well I guess I should not say anything if I can not say something good.:wink:.

A smile :smile: goes a long way here in making friends, and someday I may just want to have the guards as my friends, like when I try bring in my handicap aide cat into the mall. lol.... Remember the cost of smiles have not gone up, they are still FREE to give, so give them away and enjoy your stay.. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  6. OP
    OP
    alex

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Has anyone seen a pic of this guy a pic tells a million words, mow hawk, no shoes, i talked to a guard that was there yesterday he had a numchuk in his bag so the guard tryed to take it off him or he could not go in the mall thats when he hit him. i also joke with the guards and find them friendly

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    There is an older light skinned fellow, with a mow hawk type of hair cut and seldom wear shoes that hangs around Why Not at night in the billiard area. He goes the name Spunky. He has lived here long enough to know the rules but he is very free spirited type and crazy acting guy guy. That could be him, I am not sure..He is without a doubt a colorful figure.

8. OP
    OP
    alex

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    no this a younger looking guy in his thirtys maybe , says he is german

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I know that man you describe, can't see him doing anything that stupid. Barefoot John,

10. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Mohawks must be making a comeback. Guards are the kindest at the mall, greeted with a smile and welcome and they certainly do not deserve a punch. Parking lot guards are nice too and how they maintain a smile wearing boots and full uniform in the heat amazes me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.