Dumaguete Info Search

Not really new......Sky Cable inquiry

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by reedee, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi, I know this has been asked before, but I think we have decided that Sky Cable is who we will go with for our cable provider when we move to Dumaguete City in a few months. Just wondering if anyone knows how much the platinum package is and possibly how much it costs to add the HBO package to that? Yup, I have sent them an inquiry, but I am impatient and figure I will get an answer here before I hear back from them!! Thanks!!

2. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Cable subscription is Php425 per month. I am not sure with the pay per view, or the deal in which you will only pay for select channels. They also have broadband services which is quite reliable, in my experience.

3. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply.....is that the price for the platinum package or is that the basic plan? Do you know how much their broadband is?
    Marie

4. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I am not sure about Platinum package, but I think Php425 is the basic price. Regarding broadband, you get Php100 off your cable subcription. You pay a little over Php1,000 at the least for the cable-broadband package, but then it depends on the speed of your broadband. They can give you as fast as 2Mbps I guess.

5. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sky Cable

Thanks again,
    How good is their response time, as far as getting installation done, etc..? If you have problems are they pretty quick to resolve?
    Marie

6. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    During office hours at least response time is quite okay...I haven't tried after office hours, but I think they have a 24/7 hotline. Installation is done quite quickly too as long as you have complied with the required documents.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Quick response is guaranteed when you get the technicians private numbers while they install it, give them a nice tip when they leave, and they will be there for you much quicker than if you call any hotline or office. works for me since many years, no matter which technical support I need at my house.

for Internet, "my" globe techie always asks me to call the hotline, to get a official "whatever-number". he need to put that on his "job-order"-slip but it is ok to txt that to him, even a day after he finishes the job in my house and leaves with a smile, knowing that his dinner is paid for ...

8. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    ^^Always a good guarantee :smile:.

9. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi, Marie -- We have had good luck with Sky Cable for both TV and internet. They were quick to install and quick to return to adjust anything necessary for the new connections.

SKY It changes you.

10. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Like the prices for SKY! Base cable package here in Perth is $72 AUD...about 3000 pesos...and it's very very basic and mostly rubbish stations. The drongos down here are rip-offs....morons knock on the door once a month to drum up more business...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.