Dumaguete Info Search

OAP's beware!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, May 7, 2013.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
  2. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thats gonna hurt

3. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
  4. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
    Yes at least it's out in the open
    The UK Government think older men married to Thai Brides are giving the Taxes collected away by default.
    It had to come eventually but what about all those European immigrants flocking to Britian, have they paid into the system?
    God help you if your old in Britain in years to come......Philippines does not look that far away always said if we lose the NHS theres nothing to keep me here in UK.

Rise in men marrying Thai brides 'behind foreign pensions increase' - Yahoo! Finance UK

5. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    JB, what they fail to realise is that pensions are paid from a fund that we contributed to. We had no choice, it was deducted at source. We paid the premiums and now we are entitled to the dividends. They are not welfare benefit payments. The payment to the wife is based on the level of the husbands contributions, and if they pay it to the British wife of a British pensioner, but refuse it to a foreign wife of a British pensioner, there will be hell to pay. The just don't see that where you choose to live is immaterial. If you have paid your dues then you are entitled. The whole thing seems more of a smoke screen than anything else, as the amount of child benefit fraud from the Poles far exceeds the 410 million quid that they claim this costs. They pay a pensioner, on average, 110 pounds a week, and you have had to contribute to the fund for normally 44 years. They give an illegal and asylum seekers 300 quid a week, plus child benefit, plus free NHS, plus free dental, plus housing, plus no council tax, plus free education, plus free school meals, plus plus plus and they have contributed zilch. When those in UK who say it should be stopped realise that it will also be stopped for British wives who have never paid into the NI fund, there will be a lot of U-turns, and it could be bigger than the Poll Tax protest.

6. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
    Your so right Broadside, and with Bulgaria and Romainia about to join the European Union,any changes now are to little to late.

When my late wife died in her 40's having worked from the age of 15yrs, her pension died with her. I was left with a child of 9 yrs, all I was offered was free milk, because I continued to work to pay off a mortgage shortfall.

7. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1

Attached Files: