Dumaguete Info Search

Old Lenovo and Acer

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by PatO, Oct 14, 2015.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Question please. I switched to an Apple laptop a couple of years ago because I had a Lenovo and then an Acer that would not start up, after a while. So today while cleaning out the storage room my wife had heard from a friend that even though the battery may have died, you can still use the laptops if you plug them in. She started them up and both said there is a Windows problem message. I can not download the latest Windows version because the laptops are stuck on that problem. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What was the windows message? My desktop could not download win 10 because of something kept stopping the download, probably a bug, so I did a clean install then download win 10. It's like a new computer now.

If you do a clean install make sure you save anything of value. Because the hard drive is formatted.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
  3. BobBski

BobBski DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A "restore" to original configuration can also be done, if you made "restore" discs when you first got computer. You should backup any personal files prior. If you don't have "restore" discs, the manufacturer sometimes does. I've done this on older computers when they start to get too slow or I was passing them on to grandkids.

• Thanks Thanks x 1