Dumaguete Info Search

Old Shots of Random stuff

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by Jessica, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Jessica

Jessica DI Member

Graphic Design/Photographer/Social Media Marketing
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think I attached some old pictures of my photography...let's see if it worked!

Attached Files:

2. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    Hi Jessica

Im assuming you placed your (best?) or most well liked images here and that makes you open to critique...I dont do critizing. But we all can learn from others with more experience..diba? Ive got over forty years as a Graphic Desiger and have owned 3 differnet darkroom and worked with many professional photographers in the past. Thus improve my abilities. Classes in pregrad school are good too especially ones with darkrooms!.. Today we are freed from most of that cost and tedium BUT we loose the experience that comes with it thus new and young people dont get to take advantage of that..

So..that being said.. I think the 4th.. the wide cropped image is the best of the 4..why? becuase its fine with the lighting as it is.. IMHO I think all three of the others could get better with some "unnatural" additions to lighting. Those that you seldom see unless your on or near the set. Some indirect fill..ie bouncing of light on the into sun image and the plate while the other just is a nice subject matter the flower I think could stand some light source thru a filter.. like a lamp with a piece of paper in front of it.. some flash units can use adapters to filter the light.. difusing and or changing light color..or both.

If you own photoshop or something in that ilk you might try digitally *tweaking* some image to show.. in film..you only get to print what you get on the negative..that teaches you a lot about shooting subject matter in itsself !

Glad to see other enjoy photograhy not snap shooting and *selfies*.. ENJOY..and share more with us !