Dumaguete Info Search

On the way to see my doctor

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by tfa1957, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    So, some of you know, I'm a disabled Army Veteran and lost my leg in an accident in Alaska many years ago (I'm betting they stuffed it and are using it as a door stop). Anyway, with me being in the process of making my arrangements for my move to the Philippines, I am seeing my doctor monthly for the next two months and we are trying to make the transition smooth, and I'm also in the process of having a new limb made. So, when I went into the doctors office at the V.A. clinic, a gentleman checked me in and did my vitals, and we got to talking and I found out he was born and raised in Dumaguete. He joined the military and left in 1980 or right around that time. He gave me some information and I got his email address and gave him this sites' address. It was great to have met someone like him (Tony) and just get that extra little reassurance on my move and his perspective on Dumaguete. So, I just wanted to share this with you folks.

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Hope everything goes well with your decision and all preparations TFA.
    Let me know when the big moment has finally come and we can have that cold one over here.
    It can hardly be a coincident that I have met now already 4 people from Alaska.
    Is it THAT cold over there for older people (like myself :wink:) ?

3. OP
    OP
    tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    coincidence

Yes, I just thought it was an awesome coincidence. Jelly, anytime I talk with people, and we get on the subject of travel, I always tell them that Alaska was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. I guess it was the mountain ranges, iced moisture in the air, and the northern lights that made it quite a place. Now, if the cost of living could be a bit lower, then that would have made my top 5 for places to retire to. I look forward to having a beer with you, and if the rumors are true, I think Roody is buying for all of us that night. I might be mistaken, but I think that is what I heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.