Dumaguete Info Search

One of THAT dives

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by Rhoody, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    It took me quite a while to calm down after that dive this morning...
    28 meters, 43 minutes, no corals, but critters, critters critters... It was with an american group of 6 divers, thats why you see the briefing board in feet aqnd psi. I asked of one diver to download them. There was more stuff on that dive but his flash card was full... He allowed me to share them with you.. I hope you enjoy a bit. That guy is not a pro. and we almost did not reach the briefed divesite...
    1st Briefing board
    2nd actuall divesite
    3rd banded pipefish
    4th robust ghostpipefish in the front, bent-stick pipefish in the back
    5th flying gunnard

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    it continues...
    1st juvenile thorny (or spiny seahorse)
    2nd little seamoth (or pegasus)
    3rd porcelain crab (under tubecoral)
    4th devilfish (or indian walkman or many other names)

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    and the last 2 pics of THAT dive

Attached Files:

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Awesome pictures Rhoody!thanks.

5. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Why for the sh*t you do this to me Rhoody.

You know that i get homesick to Atlantis, and to the Toyota's, and to Ducomi, and to Massaplot and to the Why Not antd to etc etc.
    And when you go to the Kareoke give my greetings to.........

Greetings J.Diver

6. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    GREAT pics Rhoody! It makes me even more DETERMINED to budget for diving the next time I go. I have read about it so much. Do you feel that it is safe enough to do in the PHL? My brother in California is a certified diver and says that it is dangerous if someone doesn't know what they are doing or the equipment is old/outdated. What is your take on the matter? I have had a drink at Atlantis and am sure that their standards are high but so are their diving rates. Apo Island's diving rates seemed more reasonable. But I am very ignorant on the subject.

7. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    HI Cindy, If you think about becoming a diver I am happy to give you more information. Diving in general is a very save activity as long as you know what you are doing. If you never tried it, I recommend that you try it first in a confined environment (like a pool or shallow open water) with an instructor, then you will find out if you like or not. Atlantis is for sure no budget resort, but the standart is the highest on the beach, educational and safety. To make it short, what you pay is what you get. If you are in california I, I have some great adresses for dive-clubs with own trainings-pools. Just let me know if you need more infos.
    cheers
    Rhoody

8. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks Rhoody. I will make sure when I visit Dgte next that I start out easy and do it the right way to gain experience. I am starting to save as we speak! I hope that a year from now I will be on my way. I am gathering info from everyone in anticipation of what to budget for this time and the prices involved. Your pics are a GREAT incentive to save for what is AHEAD! I live in Missouri otherwise my brother in CA is a certified diving instructor and could teach me for free (plus if he endangered me there would be HELL to pay from my parents...LOL). I keep trying to talk him into visiting me when I am in the PHL. We have discussed making a documentary there since my brother is into the film industry into CA. It would require money and investors which he hasn't found yet but we still talk about it. Maybe this next time around everything would click and he could teach me over there. I will certainly send him this website and your pics to check out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.