Dumaguete Info Search

One rescue

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by firefly, Nov 15, 2011.

1. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Ever heard of it? Me neither.
    This week Negros Chronicle spend a long article on the tragic dead of John Kreemers (Jellyfish).
    It is even more tragic because first aid is ready available in the Dumaguete region but nobody knows of it.
    One rescue is a private rescue team with doctors,nurses and a 24/7 available ambulance for accident victims.
    Tel. nr. is 422-9110 or 225-9110.
    Maebe a good idea to remember this tel. nr. or write it down.
    Also reading the article in the Negros chronicle of this week (Nov 13) may give more information.

2. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thank you for this very helpful info!! Is it only for accident victims or can you call them if you need any emergency help? i.e...heart attack, stroke, etc.....? Do you know what they charge for their services and will they transport you to your hospital of choice?

3. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    According to an article in the daily star, this should be available for any emergency and it is free.
    If it is according to foreign standard they should bring the victim to the nearest emergency room or doctors advice.
    see:DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Firefly, thanks for posting this. I read the article and thought about it all day long, finally decided to post. There are obviously a number of problems here. Having an emergency service only a few know about is of little help. The majority of the locals hanging out at the crossings, and I know people at the Libayo crossing, are not the type who read the Star or the Negros Chronicle or have computers, but they do have cell phones and possibly one may have dialed One Rescue, if they knew of it. The government, if not the Rescue One company, should put inexpensive signs up at the waiting sheds along the hiway, particularly at the busy crossings; there are not that many crossings. Also, put signs on some of the easy rides.

The governor has 5 highly paid educated consultants on his staff that taxpayers are paying for. Can he assign one to this problem? And oh by the way, could they also look into the problem that if you need two or more units of blood when you go into emergency, you are out of luck. That is, unless a blood agent is there and can find you a donor for 12,000p.

Give these items priority, and then educate and enforce a few driving rules and bike lighting rules.

5. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    One Rescue contact number?

unless i'm missing something, there's no fone number/contact info given in the daily star article but there's a link to the (old) foundation uni location on maplandia http://tinyurl.com/7qtysv6
    (nice clear foto, eh!)

norm : ))~

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Norm, the phone numbers I have are as follows: 422-9110 or 225-9110. The article did not say if you need a prefix so I assume it is local. You can view the Negros Chronicle online.

7. amy

amy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    firefly,

for how long are you living here ?

did'nt you know that all printed words inside the local newspapers are basura and not worth the ink ?

please call these emergency numbers and experience the result ............... nothing happens , NOTHING AT ALL

8. UncleFatBloke

UncleFatBloke DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    As someone who hasn't moved to PH/Duma, yet, could someone please let me if there are any 'normal' emergency services in Duma/Negros?
    It feels a bit bizarre to even ask the question, but Firefly: your first post said One Rescue is a private firm, but in your next post response you also said their services were for free!
    What private firm offers free services, other than charities? Is it a registered charity service?

The last post by Amy sounds the more likely scenario for such a service! Although Amy: only 4 posts since Aug 2009. Where have you been?

My experience in the Philippines and Asia in general, is you are unlikely to get such a service for free.
    If there is no reliable emergency ambulance service provided by the state, then I am sure quite a few expats would be interested in a private service, if their insurance covered it. But if the company is private, why the hell are they not making themselves known?

9. jwdaigle

jwdaigle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is what blows my mind to be honest. Is it that hard to store blood near the emergency room in the "off chance" someone will need it in an emergency situation? I mean, come on!

Similar, but not as critical, is the supply of the drip bags they give when the patient is dehydrated. My daughter went into SUMC last summer, very dehydrated, and I spent the whole afternoon going to all the pharmacies hoping to find a couple of bags.

It's unbelievable.

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Before SHOUTING around like other members before, Rechel and I just checked from different cellphone-nets (smart and globe)

225-9110 is working without any prefix from both nets. (Rechel needed 2 tries to go through)

422-9110 is NOT working with or without (035). Working from landline, though.

R also talked to One Rescue and the issue is known and is supposed to be fixed by globe, whatever that means (.... maybe next week Sir)