Dumaguete Info Search

Online Remittance Websites

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by Rye83, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have been using Xoom for some time now but I have been told the exchange rate kinda screws you for larger amounts. I see that worldremit offers a similar service now (I don't believe this was around when I first found Xoom).

It seems they have better rates:
    World Remit
    Screenshot (109).png

Xoom
    Screenshot (108).png
    That's a P189.54 (or 2.5272 bottles of Tanduay :wink:) savings on sending 10k by using World Remit.

I am concerned about yearly limits on sending though. I am setup with Xoom and my yearly sending limit is quite large compared to a normal account. Xoom also never asks questions about me sending to myself, though as part of the process for increasing my limit I signed an agreement saying I wasn't laundering money. (All users sign this but they really play the importance on this one when applying for a limit increase.)

These sites really don't like to make the details easy to find. Looks like I might have to read the small print/terms of service. :(

Does anyone have other sites they use?

2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    BTW the small print from World Remit didn't answer many questions.
    WorldRemit Terms And Conditions
    I guess they are allowed to keep the exact numbers secret. :meh:

3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have used worldremit for sometime now, My fees are much higher £6.99 sending £500. Ah now I get it, I'm sending too much.

• Like Like x 1