Dumaguete Info Search

Opinions needed.

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Cerne, May 8, 2021.

1. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Staring down the barrel of this COVID thing I thought I was pretty much on the ball...global food shortages, rice prices rising by 100% on the island in the first few months of this pandemic etc. So I bought a banka. Ya know, give a man a fish etc...and truth be told I have never doubted or had complaints. The crew labour away, we get good catch, very proud to say 4 families have a source of income where there was none.

Like all things mechanical they breakdown now n again. So I was sold a ‘reconditioned Yamaha’ engine. It says so on the receibo. I’m a shrink not a bleddy mechanico, I wouldn’t know one end of a ball bearing from a piston ring. In good faith, I was a little strapped for cash at the time, but thought a recon’ would do for a few months if it had the Yamaha good name. Turns out the ***t that sold it to me had nailed a Yamaha serial no onto a Chinese knock off. It’s a Dumaguete firm that I’ll not name until I have taken further advice - your comments appreciated and hence the post.

Now I have me own idling thoughts on this. Natch, the Rep Act 10083 Carnapping law don’t apply as the sea is not a ‘designated public highway’, but Estafa or Fraud might apply. Gone lawyered up over this anyway - he put my crew n the banka at risk on the seas, which sticks in craw, they are good hardworking lads. Now let alone the b**l ache of putting me pride n joy to sea again. So thoughts please.

Do I reserve my Celtic right to go absolutely batshit on the vendor for 3 mins (it’s the law y’know) or do I play safe, blotter the snide ***t and let the lawyers ‘ave the kulit feck?

Garn, I’m bleddy pished at ‘im.

Cheers,

C

2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Always remain cool headed while in the Philippines. So many Foreigners have regrets for taking up a battle regarding anything here. Not worth one pile of diseased dog crap to give a care over. Move on. IMHO

And remember....... "It's MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Fun in Da Philippines!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    take a leaf from your fishing crew books, just shrug your shoulders and move on, no one went swimming get another motor, and drop a new line, this country is a gift that keeps on giving.

4. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    First, Thank you for the colorful expression. I almost marked your post as funny but I was afraid you would take it the wrong way.

For previous issues similar to this people recommended going to the DTI. Here the DTI arbitrates issues between consumers and businesses. You have evidence of a misrepresentation. What did your lawyer say about taking this issue to the DTI?

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    The DTI as suggested here and written about on another thread.

We need every Cornish man - so best not to take risks. The way some here deal with disputes is to remove the source, knowing that the remaining family will not proceed with the case (assuming they could anyway). And the penalty they would suffer for 'taking you out'? Probably zilch.

6. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    Sad but true and that's the way the world is becoming.
    Take it on the chin, but I believe what goes round comes round, his day will come.

7. OP
    OP
    Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Just kidding boyos. But I’d really like to. Here’s the scoop: DTI blotter submitted. The icing on the cake is the Intellectual Property Law. Ye cannae slap a tampered Yamaha serial on a Chinese product. End of. She that costs me P7k on retainer pm as my legal rep filed today.

Now I’m a kindly soul. But the phone went unanswered, the Bleddy place is ‘temporarily closed’ due to COVID Restrictions and they put my Crew at risk. Had to call the Coastguard for a tow. Which will cost, but Mr Buggerlugs will pay for and no time like the present. Served at 11.16am this morning. Get outta that one ye daft loaf.

The wheels of justice turn slowly in our neck, but ‘ave done this before for a pretty party of Manila Suits (buy me a beer n I will tell you a tale). So the ‘axles’ have been ‘greased’. Natch. Time to light a Cigar, stand back, sip a G ‘n’ T and enjoy the circus. I call this sport. No point getting wound up about it. If I cause a headache, job done. That will teach the eejit come what may. Borrowing a well known engine manufacturers tampered stamp and a well copyrighted internet symbol for a business name is big trub.

Cheers all.

C

• Like Like x 6
  8. SkipJack

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    oops deleted

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. SkipJack

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Thank you again for your colorful posts.

Do you recommend the attorney you used? If so what is their name?