Dumaguete Info Search

Our dental adventure

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by sandycreekg, May 1, 2015.

1. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Our Dental adventure

We have had a few visits to Happy tooth dentist opposite the Dewfoam factory in town now and have been very happy with their service, and we pay cash each time as I draw money from the BPI bank in town for our monthly living.

Last thursday my partner had some more some extractions and a mould made for a dental plate and we paid as usual cash for the work.

On the following saturday as my partner was resting and was recovering from from the extractions she got a call from the dental assistant saying that 3 x 1000p notes of part of the fee were fake..........needless to say my partner got very distressed as it seems quite impossible that crisp new clean notes we got from the ATM were being told were fake and also the actual dentist recieved our money and counted it in front of us and put them in the cash drawer herself.

Nothing was resolved in that phone call and we were told by the assistant that the Dentist would call us back soon and talk some more.

We did not hear back from the dentist so we waited till thursday just gone to go back to the dentist again for the fitting of the dental plate but in the mean time we were both quite upset of this accusation and uncertain about going back to the dentist.

On arrival at the dentist on thursday we were greeted by the dentist with a big apology and saying that she did not want ruin her reputation over 3000p and would not ask us to replace it.

Apparently she had given the assistant some cash to send to family through Mhullier and they had siezed the money claiming it was fake and would not give it back.

The dentists husband is apparently a policeman and had gone to mhullier to got back the notes and took a phtocopy of them and give them back to the dentist.

After the apology the dentist showed us the supposed fake notes............but...........they were very old looking, dirty and very crumpled............looked nothing like the crisp clean notes we got from the atm

We got the dental plate fitted and have decided not to go back to Happy tooth dentist again, we even previously told a few of our friends how good their work was.

The dentist even told us after the apology that she had purchased a scanner for bank notes for future payments but that afternoon a friend went there for dental work and paid cash but no scanner was used to check his notes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would certainly never pay extra to someone who did not claim my money was fake upon first receiving it. It's a common scam in the country to swap bills out and say it is fake. However, it sounds like the dentist might not have had anything to do with it (I would have been eyeing whoever took the money to the pawnshop...and who you handed the money to in the first place) and she handled it as she should have. Maybe she was a bit upset at first and sent a text/made a call out of anger but it sounds like quickly realized her mistake. I wouldn't hold it against her, especially since she apologized. If the dentist provides a good service I wouldn't be so quick to write her off.

My 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    yes I agree, but the dentist actually took the payment first and counted it in front of us and she also showed us the supposed fake notes that she claimed were ours ................which looked nothing like the new crisp notes we paid her and still claimed we gave her fake ones, yes she is a very good dentist, excellent work.............yes I agree maybe the assistant stuffed up in some way and trying to cover but the notes we give the dentist and the notes the dentist claim are fake are quite different......it is truly unusual so maybe the dentist is covering the assistant..........or who knows

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    Blind Freddy would know the difference between new notes and old, and if the Dentist personally received your new notes, and gave you a receipt, that Dentist then takes sole responsibility, and from now on I would avoid that Clinic like the plague. Better safe than sorry,.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :pompus: As with many things checking at the time is they key to this. How many times has anyone ever seen people Checking Old Notes. Never! would be my Guess.:shifty:

If I was the Owner/Operator of of any Business and had the facility to check( as seems the case here) I would check new notes at the point of sale, certainly not any time after and out of site of the Client, That is Not good business. :jawdrop: But...............

JP :bag: :rolleyes:

:o o:I have in my new set up found a flaw, a Scam that I should have noted. New thread to follow.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    Fair point JP, I concur, and in this case it seems to have been a knee jerk reaction from the Dentist perhaps, that the foreigner is still fair game in this Country......may I be forgiven if I have erred with that statement...............incidents like this are a continual reminder that Phil can be fraught with dangers, regardless of the fact that some still think it is more fun.:happy:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Hmmmmmmmm not often we agree on things so I Thank You for the vote. Maybe May will be a good Month :rolleyes:

JP :bag: :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    ha ha ha ha, I am deeply sorry you are losing your memory mate,:biggrin: in fact we have agreed on many things as I recall:happy:...........cheers..........:cigar:...........:thumbsup:........the thing that impresses me most about the members here, bar one, is that no-one blocks anyone else if there is a difference of opinion.................lol.............:devilish:...............:tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :meh: :redface::redface: Put it down to age and Good beer but I will Bow to your better memory tonight, it has been a Long day for me. I may even be suffering some sort of Shell Shock from the Invoice I just had for this new toy of Mine. Just found the Excuse icon so I have used it here :hilarious: in the Hope of regaining some Dignity :wink:

JP :bag: :whistling:

10. Oz-Roger

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    :thumbsup::smile: