Dumaguete Info Search

Valencia Our lot in Valencia...need assistance

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by the OZ, Aug 15, 2015.

1. the OZ

the OZ DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hello all. Great Forum. I have been an avid reader for well over a year. We have a lot close to Valencia and wanted to find someone to take some pics for us..purchased 5 yrs ago.. My wife had the property fenced and gated... just concrete fence posts and wire.... will pay someone to visit and take pics of the property and condition of the fence and gate ... approx 3400 sq.mtrs....we live in Washington State and will be returning late this year for 2 months. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I can go take some pictures for you if you send me directions or give me a contact number for someone who can show me where the lot is. No need for payment just to take pictures.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    the OZ

the OZ DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks Wrye.... the parcel is #7473 in Sagbang Valencia....... it's on the road that goes up to the Japanese shrine. We worked with a local lady , Adela Dales, but have been unable to contact her.

I am having trouble uploading pics but going up the road there is a rest house ( just a roof and seats ) and right after that is the property.... the gate is red.

4. OP
    OP
    the OZ

the OZ DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    oh by the way... the rest house and lot are on the left hand side going up hill

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Can you be a bit more specific on the location? Nearby landmarks, large houses, gate/wall colors, sari-sari stores, roughly how many kilometers up the road, etc. If there are any features on the lot that would make it stand out from surrounding lots that would be helpful as well. Is there a for sale sign on the property?

Also, what is a parcel number? Will that number be marked on the property and would it be visible from the road?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I should read entire posts before I reply. I'll go up there tomorrow and try to find the lot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

7. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Welcome back Dustin! in case you need Adela's number;09215160500.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    the OZ

the OZ DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hello Blueskies.. you have me mistaken for another.. my name is Brian and we live in Washington State..... just retired early and am excited to get back there .

Marissa's family is from Cebu ( Lahug ) and we have been married for 15 years.... fell for the Valencia area 5 yrs ago and decided on the " view" property instead of another one in the hills above the Dauin area.

We have been all over Cebu. Stayed at Malaspaqua isl.,Bohol, Bantayaan isl., Borocay, and Negros where we mainly stayed in Dumaguete and rented a motor bike and went as far south as Siaton...

Wrye, I was able to finally upload some pics if you have a chance to go there.. take care

sabang1.JPG sabang2.JPG

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm not very familiar with that part of Valencia but I'll go have a look tomorrow if weather permits.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I rode up there but didn't see anything resembling the pictures (and I drove the full length of that road circling around back to where I started from). Did the concrete wall get finished and did you get a new (and bigger) red gate? There was a place that could have been it but it was much closer to the Dumaguete side of the road than the end of the road that splits off to go up to Casaroro Falls in Valencia (where I started). I suspect that you live closer to Dumaguete than Valencia proper....the latter is an absolute sh*t road....the people on scooters were pushing their bikes up because the road was so bad.

Note: I didn't pay attention to anything that wasn't on a concrete road (and most of that road is not concrete). I took video on the GoPro so you could point out where it was but I had an SD card failure. :shifty: I'll go back to the area that I think it might have been in and look a bit harder. (I didn't even see the overlook place you mentioned.) If you have anything else that might help me find the place please let me know.