Dumaguete Info Search

Visa Question Overstay

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by artpepper88, Apr 5, 2017.

1. artpepper88

artpepper88 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    What happens if you overstay your tourist visa by a couple of days? Our visas expire over Easter and we are traveling overseas in the following month.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    You can renew 14 days beforehand. If you overstay and do not renew and have been here over 6 months you will not be allowed to leave ie; they will/ may not approve your ECC. You say you will Travel, if you are coming back then I would suggest you extend using the 14 day option.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    If you are over by 1 day or 20 days you will have to pay for the extension at the airport and you could be subject to a penalty, best to go to immigration, it is a serious offence to overstay your visit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Its a p500 a month fine if you over stay,not a big issue here! They just stamp you passport and you pay and thats it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    artpepper88

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    Thanks for your replies... Details are that our 1-month tourist visa expires 15 April. We're booked to visit Taipei for a few days, leaving May 12. We've learned that the Visa office is closed next Thursday & Friday, April 13 & 14. Therefore we need to renew on Wednesday April 12. We will renew for one month, because we'll get another month on return from Taipei. SO: probably, the one month renewed on Wednesday 12 will expire on May 11. See the dilemma?

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    As the BI run on calendar Months and you renew next Wednesday it should read 15th May as you are renewing Early as it runs out on April 15th but as already said, Check with BI, having said that I doubt you will get the Passports back same day

7. OP
    OP
    artpepper88

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    Thanks, Jack, we don't need the passports back same day (although it's happened like that on a couple of occasions in the past); it's just the one day we're worried about. We will take airline tickets to Immigration - we've always had good treatment there in the past...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    The 2 times I have been a day late (due to the Dumaguete BI being closed on the due date) I showed up at 8 am and they still charged me an extra 1,000 pesos for late charge. I don't think it matters if you are an hour late or a few days late, they still want 1,000 pesos extra in Duma

9. OP
    OP
    artpepper88

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    Thanks, Dave,I'm not going to be late in applying for the next month extension, it's that will the renewal (which I'm applying for on April 12) last until my next departure (which is May 12)?

10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It makes you wonder where the late fees go,im sure there are no receipts for late fees :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1