Dumaguete Info Search

Pain Doctor?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by horizon155, Jul 11, 2017.

1. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Does anyone have a referral for a Pain Doctor that prescribes anything other than Tramadol? I have fractured 6 of my ribs, a fractured clavicle, a fracture parietal side of my skull, permanent brain damage, previous fracture to kneecap, and ankle (permanent stainless steel implant in ankle), and I can not seem to find a Doctor capable of prescribing anything but the basic over the counter pain medicine. I know they are very restrictive on any opiate but I am looking for some type of relief other than what one can buy OTC. I had a pain management doctor/clinic I went to in the U.S. but obviously being in Dumaguete now, I have yet to find a Pain Clinic (if they are even available).

Thanks guys!

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    My doctor just prescribed Meloxicam for my aches and pains. Seems to help much better than Tramadol I was taking. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. USEXPAT

USEXPAT DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +25 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There used to be a pain doctor at Silliman Medical Center not sure if he is still there, haven't been there in a couple of years. Office was on the first floor 1st or 2nd office on the left coming from the waiting area.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1