Dumaguete Info Search

Tanjay Pamplona Fiesta

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Anonymous, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 12
    I was invited to go to Pamplona for fiesta this Sunday. My wife says that I would not be safe there. Does anyone know about this fiesta and its safety factor? Are foreigners not safe there?
    Appreciate your thoughts.....

2. tanjay

tanjay DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +107 / 30
    Blood Type:
    B+
    You may...or may not be safe there. There are alot of things to take into consideration....

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I can't think of any reason why you would not be safe in Pamplona/Tanjay unless you are an alcoholic and/or a verbally abusive *sshole....but it can be dangerous anywhere in the Philippines if you are one of those types.

Such as? Has there been some sort of security warning put out by the US (or European equivalent) State Department? I've ridden motorcycles all over backroads in Negros (to include Pamplona) and never once felt I was in danger.

Side note: the NPA has no beef with expats, just pay their small revolutionary tax if asked and go on your way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My wife is from Pamplona and in 30 years have never seen any trouble either with foreigners or locals.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Have driven the old road from valencia-pamplona-tanjay a few times and found the people very friendly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No dramas unless you have a red horse too many ( dont go there all flash, bling and wanting to buy everything for everyone)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    The road fr
    the road from Ste. Catalina to Pamplona has some spectacular views. Last time I rode it (6 months ago) the road was generally good, with just a few challenging places, mainly due to the construction in Pamplona itself.

8. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    i have always heard it was a NPA stronghold but never confirmed.. let us know how it goes please...

9. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My wife is also from Pamplona and I recently got married there, I think you will find it to be very friendly and peaceful... hope you went and had a good time..

10. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Congrats!, You keep such a low profile I had no idea.