Dumaguete Info Search

Panda Ice Cream

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    While we were waiting for my computer to be fixed in Acelogic Computer Solutions, we went down to try out the deep fried ice cream in Panda Ice Cream.

Yeah you read it right, deep fried ice cream :smile:

You have to order 3 scoops / 3 orders minimum though, but that was no problem as we were 3 guys in there.

Panda Ice Cream produces their own ice cream and soya drinks. They got a great selection of ice desserts in the little store there, including a MONSTER banana Split with 2 bananas and 9 scoops of ice cream for only P100

They sell liter and gallon packs of their ice cream too, I think a gallon was P350... so we gotta remember to brring the icebox next time we are in town :smile:

2. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Panda Ice Cream Haus

This is a crap photo from my cell phone camera, I forgot to bring the real camera today :smile:

Attached Files:

3. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    do you know that deep fried ice cream was 'discovered' by people in Manila practically a year after we had it here. and they said we were backwards. hahahahaha. i love panda ice cream! and their jingle!

4. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Ooh I remember that jingle! Hehehe, it usually takes a couple hours to leave my head... Anyway, what I love at Panda is their siomai, or more the sauce for the siomai. I asked them once before what they put in that sauce, but they said they didn't know because they receive the stock ready-made. It is super delicious. :p Please, if any of you try it, try to savor the flavor on your tongue and see if you might be able to guess the ingredients. I've tried to recreate that taste in a past failed experiment.

5. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "Panda Ice Cream the ice cream for you... Panda Ice Cream the ice cream for you!!" Brings back all the good ole memories for sure!

6. waterbaby74

waterbaby74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the best thing about panda ice cream is the natural ingredients they use. for me it tastes like home made ice cream. havent tried the siomai! gotta bring my son over there soon...

7. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Do let me know if you and your son like the siomai, Waterbaby! Although it's the sauce that makes it mouth-watering!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.