Dumaguete Info Search

panglao the next Mactan

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by yabs, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
  2. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    That is definitely bad news. Can't comment too much on Koreans but Saudis are animals. IF this resort goes thru and draws in Saudis in any numbers, it will spell the end for Panglao...

Last time in Bangkok we had quite a treat. A drunk Saudi with a poor Thai prostitute (girl this time - they like the boys, but not in public) drowning himself in the hotel coffee shop with large Singha's - empties covering the table. After about an hour he started projectile vomiting and managed to cover his table, chairs, himself, and the floor around him. The hotel management was furious but since he was too drunk to clean the mess...they made the unfortunate Thai girl do it. I hope she killed him later...

That's only one example of these whankers in action....seen many many more....Manila, Bangkok, London, and of course Saudi Arabia.

I firmly believe the coalition invaded the wrong country...

3. OP
    OP
    yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I agree
    the report saidf that the saudis had become interested in the rich marine resources here. Since when have they given a d*mn about the marine environment. I've never even seen one diving or indeed even swimming.
    what utter sh*te and how does this help the local economy in the eyes
    of Aroyo. Eco tourism my @ss. she also wants to pass a tourism bill
    to attract even more foreign investement and mass tourism. she is evil .
    hope she gets thrown out. The tourism in its small scale at the moment with locally owned resorts does heaps fort the locals but get the hiltons, raffles
    and al;l the other w*kers in and it only benefits the government and their cronies not to mention already rich multinationals

4. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Saudis and the marine environment....what a joke...they've turned huge portions of the Red Sea coast into dead zones...I dove in the Jeddah area from the late 70's till early 90's, minus breaks in civilization, and each year I had to go further and further out due to reef destruction. And it was total...like a neutron bomb had gone off. Left the rocks and everything else was dead or gone. My contacts there tell me it has continued to worsen...

Furthermore, Saudis are the worst divers on the planet. Not because they are destructive...in fact, as divers they are not too destructive...and that is mainly because they are too stupid to dive. They rarely can manage anything resembling neutral buoyancy and are all over the shop....have self-induced diving emergencies...sucking a tank in twenty minutes etc...I dove with a few when I was desperate for a diving buddy and couldn't find a human, but gave up after several acts of idiocy. I didn't want the legal hassles if one of the morons died while we were diving...

5. OP
    OP
    yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I don't get Arroyo
    she also said this
    The Bohol Chronicle Official Website
    so she wants to protect the environment by having Saudis build big hotels
    and putting up an international airpoirt to get package tours of koreans
    in. isn't this like trying to protect your sheep with a a load of foxes?
    she is just trying to fool everyone and get rich on the ECO tourism bandwagon

There must be something we can do? maybe writing off to some news papers
    and the WWF, UN or something? I'm not going to stand by and see
    another of my favourite spots ruined by thoughtless greed again.
    d*mn that Arroyo. I thought she was ok at first but shes worse than Taksin

6. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
  7. OP
    OP
    yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    nothing has been learnt the world over from mass tourisam
    it desatroys what it seeks out to promote in the first place
    international airports and lack of planning always spell doom.
    looks like bohol will go the same way as Phuket, Samui, Borocay, PG
    ands bali. nothingwill evber be learnt whilst greed rules to rape the enviroment.
    Only places i've seen where tourism has preserved have been apo and moalboal. no international airports, big pt\romotion and strict environmental laws. Bohol; is lost . see it now before the b*tch Arroyo destroys it for here own gain

8. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Tell someone (your GF e.g. :smile: ), but don't tell the whole forum via this same posting at various threads.

9. sprink131371

sprink131371 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This thread is old. Any update on it? It wouldn't be good for my plans.

10. Travellingman

Travellingman DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    When I was on Panglao (August 09) they told me that the airport is still going ahead and real estate prices have been zooming up. Apparently madam wants an international airport named after her and this would be her only chance.
    I was told they paid the locals P60m2 less 20% profits tax for a total of P48 when the land should have fetched P500-600m2.
    The prevailing winds make landing and take off over Balicasag a necessity..talk about ruining one of the better dive sites around!
    Hopefully good sense will prevail and this madness will subside...Alona beach is already overbuilt and on the way to being another Boracay.
    Of course there is a perfectly good airport at Tagbilaran, which could be improved at a fraction of the cost and keep the development away from Panglao but that would make too much sense!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.