Dumaguete Info Search

Passports Passport for Filipina

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Question:

Primary: What are the requirements? Where is the best place to obtain one (Cebu, Manila or Bacolod)? How many appearances will be needed? How much will it cost? Generally speaking, what countries can a Filipino visit without a preapproved visa?

Secondary: How hard would it be to get a Filipino a tourist/fiancée visa for the US? How long is the procedure? How many interviews? Would me personally accompanying her to the embassy improve her chances of getting a visa?

Please, I don't want to hear what you have heard. Drama and discouraging remarks are not welcome. I want to hear of examples from people who have been approved or denied for visas and passports with DIRECT experience of dealing with the US embassy and the Philippine government.

Hearing from the point man in Cebu would be greatly preferred. Would be very interested in using his services again if he thought it could benefit me in any way.

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    For our clients in Dumaguete we recommend they go through Orient Wind. They will assist with the application and set an appointment for personal appearance in Cebu. In this way there is only one trip to Cebu, and she should be in and out of DFA in about an hour. Although DFA has been threatening to open an office in the mall, it does not appear to be happening anytime soon. Total cost will be about P1500-P2000 (not including trip), requirements are here;

DFA Passport Appointment System

The only visa she is going to get will be fiance, applying for tourist visa is a waste of time unless she is independently wealthy in her own right. Timeframe for a fiance visa is currently 6-8 months, and will require a medical exam and interview. It may help a little if you attend the interview with her, but if she is well prepared there are usually no problems. The Pointman can definitely benefit you in this regard.

Filipinos can visit 20+ countries without a visa;

Pinoys can visit at least 25 countries without visas - DFA | Pinoy Abroad | GMA News Online

Larry

3. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    there is a DFA office in Bacolod which issues Passports. { Third floor Robinsons } I think a initial issue has to provide a NSO office ,birth cert also, Check there website.
    It takes about 30 mins All you have to do is fill out a simple form & Pay the fee P1200 + P125 courier fee, They send the passport to you via LBC.
    processing time is 2 weeks aprox
    As far as I am aware non requirement for visa ,is limited to ASEAN countries.

4. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    we did ours in Bacolod lopques east, same side to SM grocery, the travel agent next to immigration was very good, I have sent 3 others in my path with very good outcome, the agent will get on the phone to the DFA in Bacolod while you are sitting there and ask is this day good? then tell you to be there by say 1pm appointment, there is a room for P500 I can recommend.

5. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    hey wrye, here's another story for you...

all cravats applicable, YMMV, not responsible for typos, mis-information, poor grammar/spelling, smudges, etc, etc.

according to the duma tourist office and customer service at the duma robinsons, the DFA is sposed to open an office in the duma robinsons in january 2014 but, ya know... this is da fils, so earlier this month we went to dreamland travel (DT), next to duma immigration, and they gave the little woman (lw) a list of necessities and advised her of what to expect, inspected her documents, prepared her application and took her money and gave her an envelope with the documents to be presented to the DFA in bacolod.

also, DT told the lw that cebu required more documents than bacolod and cebu has more applicants so you may not get outta there in one day if you're a walk-in. (who knows?) so the lw decided to go to bacolod for the appearance.

on tuesday, dec 10, the lw took a 3am ceres bus to bacolod and a cab to the DFA office in robinsons. (no trykes)

there she met with a DT rep who took the envelope and checked over the documents that DT duma had prepared for her.
    then, the DT rep made the necessary copies (in the office!) and gave the documents to a
    DFA person.

next,. the DT rep made the payment at the cashier desk with funds she somehow got from the DT duma office.

the DT rep then retrieved documents from the DFA staff person and gave the docs to the encoder who took the lw's foto, thumb print and signature.

next, the lw had to check over the DFA passport application papers and sign an agreement that the DFA wasn't liable for any mis-entries.

finally, (11:30 am), the DT rep said she would send the passport to the duma DT office on dec 26.

requirements:
    birth certificate from NSO
    baptismal certificate
    voters certificate
    two valid ID's

if no voters certificate, you need to get a barangay clearance and police clearance.
    some travel agencies also require a NBI clearance

no slippers, long pants, dress or top with collar (a collar?)
    p2150 - pass port costs including dt's fee.
    p319 - one way ceres air con

end of story...

norm : ))~

6. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    that's how simple it was for me.

7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Great info guys. I appreciate the info. Tried to reply earlier but was in transit/adjusting to time difference.

Hopefully all goes well with the government paperwork interviews and I won't need to get her a visa to come to the US. All that will be needed will be the passport so she can visit some of those countries mentioned above for my future visa runs. I think regardless if it would be easier in Bacolod she would choose to go to Cebu as she doesn't speak ilongo and has friends in Cebu. I have already told her about Orient Winds. I won't do it for her or push it hard. It's her choice and if she really is serious about it she will do it on her own without me walking her through it. We'll see how it goes.

Again, thanks for the info.

8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Now that the DFA is open in Robinsons I shall try to get a passport for Yvonne. Problem is we have been waiting for 2 months to get her plastic copy of her driver's license for ID. All she has is paper copy, no plastic available.

Anyone tried to get the passport with only the paper copy of the driver's license?

EDIT: The guard at the DFA is giving her the runaround about needing 2 IDs that she has not got and telling her that her foreigner is not allowed in with her. What ID's are others using?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    Try getting a Postal ID. That's not difficult.

10. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    SSS and GSIS ID's are also recognized as valid for getting a passport.