Dumaguete Info Search

Peacock Garden - Resort and Spa - Bohol, Philippines

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by Rhoody, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    The Peacock Garden Resort and Spa says about itself to be the best resort in Bohol. "A different world awaits you" is the slogan they are using to catch the rich and famous.... something what should not be missed on the new Info site about Bohol, the Danes new project.

A friend of the Linaw Resort-Owner (where the Dane and I were staying) recommended the place as the best Restaurant of Bohol, even the menu is a kind of small. Sounds appropriate for the last dinner before heading back to Dumaguete, so we (4 people) went on a search for the "different world" which is waiting for us.

After we found it and ready to eat a whole Karabow at 8:30 at night we got stopped from the security-guards who wanted 500 peso entrance-fee. We told them that we wanna eat there, thats all, but he did not let us in.

We asked him to get a menu for us as we are not willing to play a 500 Peso-Lotto-game per head and than there are Tofu-weeks or something weired. The 2 Guards of Peacock Garden Resort were repeating the 500 Peso per head - phrase like an old broken vinyl-record and we got a little pi@#% off so we decided to spend our money somewhere else.

Peacock Garden Resort and Spa - A different world awaits you...

whoever "you" is, but it can't be the Dane or me...

cheers

Rhoody

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... as the place is german owned Mr Dane even blamed me...:eek:

3. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Sounds like it truly is a 'different world'...LOL....I wouldn't pay 500 pesos to enter anything in the country..
    Bohol is a lovely island, my favourite for sure, but the sharks have been slowly moving in to milk the tourists....Hope this extortion doesn't catch on...

4. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    It very much has caught on,

On one of my expeditions out to take pictures and gather information for the new Bohol website I skipped quite a few places that would not let me in to take a few pictures without paying entrance fee...

I counted in one day P2400 in entrance fees per head... No thanks...

Eskaya Beach Resort was the worst one at P1000 per head...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.