Dumaguete Info Search

Pedi-Cab Service Outside of Town

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Kuya, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good afternoon...

My fiancee has had difficulty finding transportation from her house because she lives a mile off the national highway in Bacong. When I visited her we would take a pedi-cab from Dumaugete to her house, but we could not catch a ride from her house to Dumaguete. She can walk to the national highway and catch a ride, but it's a good mile or two. Her brother and his wife use the family motorcycle quite a bit, so she has trouble getting around.

Does she have any options? I'm not in a position to buy her a scooter, so forget about that. Does the V-Hire member on this board know any trustworthy pedi-cab drivers she could call for service to her house?

I just don't like the idea that she is literally stranded at home a lot of the time. She doesn't see friends much anymore since moving to Bacong, all because of a lack of transportation.

Thanks for your help...

2. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If she knows when she's leaving a day in advance, she could have a pedicab driver pick her up by arranging it in advance. Some pedicab have cell phones too. Have her ask them as she rides around Dgte.

How about buying her a mountain bike she can lock up ?

Aren't there habal-habal drivers where, or near where her road meets the highway? They'd pick her up, and probably have cell phones too..

There was a guy selling cigs and candy in front of WhyNot the other night..he had a cell. Seems like everyone does!

3. OP
    OP
    Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yeah, they love their cell phones. The idea about a bicycle had come up before. I'm sure she could ride it to the highway and then catch a pedi-cab or van from there into town. I'd just be anxious about her riding back home in the dark, since the area around her house is rather secluded. It would only be a mile or so, but call me over-protective.

4. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    that's not over-protective, I call it love:smile:

5. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How late does she come back? I thought the problem was being stranded at home.. :smile:

The pedidrivers will take you anywhere for a fair price. Unless they've all gone to bed.

If there are vendors where her road meets the highway, they'd probably have a cell as well. Your fiancee could call a vendor to hail a pedicab when she needs to get out.

6. OP
    OP
    Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I guess it is love :smile:

Hi Bandit...currently, she is basically stranded at home, but we were thinking a bicycle could at least get her to the national highway and then catch a pedi-cab or van into Dumaguete. My fear was if she got back to her bicycle at night and had to ride home in the dark.

I'll ask her if she can talk to vendors at the market by the highway and make arrangements somehow. It would be nice if she could request someone to come pick her up, but I imagine that would be expensive.

Salamat!

7. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    There must be tricycle operators closeby where she's living or in around Bacong town.She could have a chat and arrange a special trip with any of them for Dgte,book a time she'll get picked up ,ofcource has to pay bit more for that on top of the normal fare price.Some might welcome that idea.Chat with a few and take note of their cell phone numbers.

Dumaguete trcycles are operating on designated routes .In going back to bacong from Dgte ,might be possible to arrange with any of them for another special trip- special fare too.There are tricycles in route going to Banilad south ( including Sta Monica,even Balay-manuk in Bacong) she should ask him to send her off bit further up the road , add only few more pesos and he will send her off .

I stayed before in diff odd places ,once in inner Mangnao area and down to the end of Agan-an.Tricycles those times aren't as flooding supply like now .Catching a tricycle can be a problem sometimes those days.But there are few who lived near the area ,I have to arranged/book my trips sometimes on way out.Going back is no problem, even very late nights .

Even you're in forest camp at dead 2:00 in the morning,there's always willing tricycle to fetch you back for dumaguete.

8. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shouldn't be expensive- Pesos for the drivean extra 5-10 Pesos (if that) for a drver to head off the highway and go up her road a mile or so.

She could text a vendor at the highway who could flag down a tricycle driver and send him up the road. There should be habal-habal drivers at the market as well if she's close to Bacong Market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.