Dumaguete Info Search

Permanent Visa vs Marriage Visa

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Feb 1, 2011.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Maybe Larry or someone can answer this. I had a permanent PI 13 visa before I married here. Now that I am married I understand I can apply for a 13A visa. Would there be any advantages to change? Do I have to change? Thanks

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    No, I don't believe you have to change, and can see no advantage to changing. The 13 quota visa is the visa of choice.

Larry

3. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Thanks Larry, I will do the annual update process this week for the first time, wanted to check before processing. Cheers

4. jimmylew

jimmylew DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Permanent visa without marriage?

What is a 13 Quota permanent visa and what is the process for obtaining it?....Jimmy in Shanghai....jlewellen2003@yahoo.com

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    A 13 quota visa is an immigrant visa. Only 50 per year per country are issued (supposedly).

Philippines Immigrant Visa - Quota (13)

Larry

6. Tenpin

Tenpin DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi.
    Without opening a new thread,can anybody help. I am on a tourist visa just now, but have to exit soon. I have been told there is a Visa I can get on my re-entry into the PH that lasts for 1yr, instead of the extended one which lasts just 59 days, as I am married to a Filipino here. Does anyone have any information or experiences with this sort of Visa

Thanks a lot
    John Tenpin

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

John,

If you are married to a Filipino, and enter the country with her, you are eligible for the balikbayan program, which will give you one year free stay, extendable in two month increments for one more year. Just take with you a copy of your NSO marriage certificate. When you enter the country, have your wife ask to avail of the balikbayan program.

Happy trails!

Larry

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    13a

:confused:
    Larry, If tenpin is NOT entering with his wife, surely he will be entitled to apply for a 13a Non-Quto Visa. Am I right in thinking this ?

Jack P.:smile:

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Yes, in fact, if he applies before about 14 months on his tourist visa he likely would not have to leave the country at all.

Larry

10. Tenpin

Tenpin DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Larry and Jack for the helpful info. I promised the wife another belated honeymoon in Hong Kong. She has never been there and I love the place. Just can't afford to live there any more. It has got too expensive.

Thank again for the help.

John