Dumaguete Info Search

Permit to cut coconut trees

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by AsColdAsIce, Oct 8, 2018.

1. AsColdAsIce

AsColdAsIce DI Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Who among you here have experience applying and acquiring a permit to cut coconut trees in your own properties? I will be going back to PCA tomorrow to clarify the issues regarding the replacement of coco trees. Because in the form that they gave me, i have to fill up the number of coco seedlings that i have supposedly planted in replacement of the 6 trees i wanted to cut due to hazardous nature. I was told to replace 5seedlings per tree that i want to cut. And my purpose of cutting is to build a house later on in the said property(400 sq. Meters). So these really confused me becoz they may not approve the permit unless i replace it and the trees were stabilize and that could take long. I just want to know if anybody here have experience this and what did u do? Did you replace the coco trees u cut?how long did it take for the permit to be approved? Btw we are from dauin and only 6 coco trees need to be cut in our lot(close to beach) .thanks

2. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    If I get this right your have a lot later on your wanting to build on but not very soon. I'm assuming the lot for now is empty? Ever thing of just salting the hell out of the tree's since you have time to just kill them. After they are solidly and obviously dead in a month I'd assume its just brush removal and easier since they aren't alive. Of course you had nothing to do with it and they just died of natural causes (or maybe some vengeful neighbor *shrug*).

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think she is wanting to do the right thing and maybe use just the slightest bit of integrity in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    AsColdAsIce

AsColdAsIce DI Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Yes, the lot is still empty(no improvements yet). Except for a few small trees and 6 coconut trees. I just want to get a permit because i dont want to go to prison or be penalized for cutting coconut without permission. I heard from someone that a foreigner wasn't allowed to leave the country because of cutting trees in his property without acquiring permit. He lost a lot of money in the process.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    When we felled ours (2) in 2009 we had to submit the House plan to DNER so that they could see it would Interfere with the Foundations. They were very good about it all, I can't remember the cost but it was not that expensive

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Defense: I'm a foreigner, I can't own property. Is my name on the deed? No? F*ck off!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    We have removed 4 coconut trees and one lanzone tree. Simply because they were in the way or not wanted where they were, not a part of your landscaping plan. I did not know of any permit to do so until just now. Hope Im not in trouble now for confessing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    AsColdAsIce

AsColdAsIce DI Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I guess its possible if you are married to a filipina. Yours and your wife's name will be on the title…its gonna be your conjugal property. Other cases i heard is that some foreigner are member of a corporation or a group,to co-own a property. I dont know if that story is true or not because that was just told to me by our landlady. My only concern to to get a permit myself to avoid messing up with the law. Im a filipina, and i just want to do the right thing because i dont want to be in trouble. Dont use any cussing words cause that is so disrespectful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  9. OP
    OP
    AsColdAsIce

AsColdAsIce DI Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Well, i guess you are safe. If your property is not located in the proper area of the town. And you dont have a jealous neighbor who would report it in the authority, which happened to my landlady,one of the neighbors reported her cutting trees in her lot,luckily she already got a permit by the time she was reported. In my case,the lot i own is located in the proper area of Dauin. Close to resorts and government offices.

10. OP
    OP
    AsColdAsIce

AsColdAsIce DI Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Yes. I guess thats it if your purpose is to build a residential place. I thought also that maybe i dont need to replace the trees as our lot is pretty small and it will surely interfere with the plan.

• Like Like x 1