Dumaguete Info Search

Pesky Flys!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Jack Peterson, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    [​IMG] How is everyone dealing with these d*mn Flys. Mainly at mealtimes they seem to think it is an open invitation to join us for a meal.

JP:arghh:

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Haha jp rainy season flies mate, they are everywhere. Shut windows n doors and stay inside.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I use a huge fan to blow them away here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Easier said than done with the dogs keep opening the sliding doors, locking them will get my Children (the Mutts) Scratching the the doors, getting rid of the Dogs will leave me with no one to play with :roflmao:
    :bawling: just another thing to put up with I guess

JP:whistling:

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I would rather deal with the flies than the dust prob that you have there!

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You get used to the dust. The flies are relentless with trying in landing on your mouth and eyes. No matter how many times you swat them they come back a second later. Fearless little buggers.....but easy to kill.

7. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086

I really am ROFL:roflmao: here just now, Azon went and got a Super strength Spray ( that they use in the office) made many dizzy and falling like shot down planes, My 8 month Pup is going crazy running around chasing them and is bewildered because she is catching them and now don't quite know what she is supposed do do with them.

Instant kills in the main and Plenty of debris for one of them to clean up, Me :meh: nearly time for a beer :facepalm: I said to let the smell go away before laying up for Lunch

We have Class mates of TM here for Lunch so I don't need the embarrassment of anything. Hopefully No smell from the spray and double hopefully no pesky flys

JP:bag:

8. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I Seen on fb yester a guy got a plastic bag part filled it with water put some coins in it and hung it in the door way, he said it worked , why ? it resembles a wasp nest. bees n flys wont go near it . worth a try

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Three ideas from pinterest: in a small clear sandwich bag or ziploc fill halfway with water and add 4 or 5 pennies, hang this near the door or use outdoors too. At the table set a clear glass half filled with water and add 4 or 5 pennies. In a small bowl place half a lemon and stick it full of cloves, lasts a few days. If your American friends do not have pennies, Canadian friends may have pennies, maybe the 10 centavos will work. Good luck, be fly free.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1