Dumaguete Info Search

ph covid stats ANOMALY???

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Chriswlan, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Chriswlan

Chriswlan DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Just curious: can't find answer here and can't find www search terms that get me anywhere.

For the couple years I have been watching the stats of the giant "World War on C" [...ovid], the ratio of published deaths is always around one per 100 reported "cases".

Over the last 3 months the ph daily cases have fallen precipiciously to near nothing, [is the reason known BTW?] by perhaps 40 TIMES..... while the death numbers seem to be on cruise control, around 200 per day, for many many months, with perhaps even a very slight increasing ramp. Approx TWENTY deaths per 100 cases! Did testing end???

How the heck is this 40-50 TIMES increase in the death rate possible? Three months of unpublished/unknown/secret ph variant that is unheard-of DEADLY? A sudden bug in the reporting system? Said variant also being inredibly LITTLE transmissible?

Am I missing something ? I'm using worldometers info for ph...

I'm "deadly" puzzled.
    :smile:

Tks all

Christian

{One of tens of thousands waiting for the restauration of "Visa on arrival" }

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Most of the elderly (high risk) are vaccinated now? Seems the Philippines has ramped up vaccinations recently. Almost all deaths are from the unvaccinated. I won't be shedding any tears for these people. They are gambling in a game with the odds stacked against them. Can't fix stupid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Chriswlan

Chriswlan DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    I have no idea if a meaningful majority of deaths for the last couple of months are unvaccinated or what..... My wondering is about the entire population, as per the general stats found on worldometers, and others.

My point is that there is 10-20 reported deaths -at least, per 100 cases of late. Way more than 1000% more than most all countries at any time -till now, in ph.

Looking at the ph daily charts for ph for the last 5 months of last year [for example] looks like -eyeball... not quite 2 deaths only per hundred cases, and there was zero vaxxed population.... to explain the rare deaths. From the beginning there is general agreement that SARS-2 survival is 1-2 %. Which is where the ph stats were at all along.... till some weeks ago.

Even if ph counts cases differently from all other countries.....

Cheers

Christian

4. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    According to official reporting of this province, most deaths from Covid are identified as "unvaccinated" or "vaccination status unknown". I do not recall any identified as "vaccinated" within the past month or two. And according to the head doctor, "status unknown" casualties should be regarded as unvaccinated.

5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Yes the amount of testing has been greatly reduced. You are wise to track the deaths and hospitalization utilization. The positive test cases are not as meaningful because they are dependent on how much testing is done. The hospitalization utilization is the best indicator of what is happening.

Early in the pandemic the health department was very aggressive in contact tracking, testing and isolating cases. When they found someone who tested positive they would track down and test all of the people who came in contact with the person. As a result there were large numbers of people being tested.

Relatively speaking the contact tracing effort has greatly diminished. As a result much less testing is being done. Now only those who go to the hospital are being tested. This is why you see a larger percentage of deaths per 100 positive cases.

Getting tested is not as convenient here as it is in first world countries. No drive through testing, etc.

Here typically people get sick and try to ride it out without getting tested. If things get real bad or they have comorbid conditions they go to the hospital.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It almost certainly is the unvaccinated. Doesn't really matter what they report, it IS primarily the unvaccinated that are dying from covid. A lot of antivaxers in this country, nobody should be surprised with the death count here. It is what it is, let them have their idiotic conspiracy theory beliefs and preference towards "alternative" medicine. Hopefully they get what they deserve. The only issue is that most have already reproduced and spread they garbage genetics.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    https://vancouversun.com/news/local...ally-ill-patients-in-icu-not-fully-vaccinated

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1