Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Philhealth for an expat?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by AlwaysRt, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes! I went to Philhealth at Robinson Place Mall. It is next to the CRs at the food court upstairs. Filled out the form, only had to supply a copy of my ACR card. I am married to a Filipina so I also provided a copy of our marriage certificate. Waited for about 5 minutes, she gave me a bill and sent me over to Western Union to pay for this quarter Oct-Dec. p600 for the quarter no pro-rating the fee. Adding my wife was no additional charge. I was 3rd in line at Western Union, so 15 minutes waiting there. Went back to Philhealth with the receipt and she gave me my card and Philhealth receipt. You have to get a 1x1 photo, attach it, sign the card and have it laminated. I got package 2 at the photo guy next to the german bakery in Valencia. p70 for 3 1x1, 4 2x2 photos and laminating the Philhealth card. Come January I will probably pay for the entire 2017 p600 x four quarters and be done with it for a while.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #25 by Jack Peterson, Mar 1, 2017 (5 points)
    Alternative Answers:
  3. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I've been thinking about getting the Philhealth card, but keep hearing conflicting information about the service it provides. Perhaps you, or someone else, can educate me on whether or not all hospitals accept it. I keep hearing that it doesn't work at the better hospitals. True?

4. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My primary reason for getting it had lees to do with getting reimbursed and more to do with prearranged pricing giving me 'kanu proof' pricing. Second, at $4/mo why not? If something happens and they find my card I will get some kind of care.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lorraine

Lorraine DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +69 / 21
    Blood Type:
    B-
    Do you have to be married to a local to qualify?

6. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Nope, just need a copy of your ACR card.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    No, you do not even have to be married, or evening living with a Filipina.

You do have too have one quarter of payments to receive reimburse, or some silly rule like that . The best I can figure out is this is how it seems to work. When you go in you pay for sign up you pay for a quarter (3 months) even if you enlisting during the middle of the quarter: You "pay back" meaning if you sign up in mid-december you pay the Oct. Nov. Dec quarter. Sounds bad until you realize that is your first quarter towards getting qualified for reimbursement. So if you sign up before the end of the year, you will pay for the last quarter of the year, but your reimbursement coverage will start as of January 1. Remember the amount is only 600 P per quarter about $12 US for three months, less than the old newspaper use to cost for delivery. So if you think you have a preexisting condition get Phil Heath before the end of this current quarter. There is a Phil Health office above the Daro Mercury Drug, which may be able to help clarification if you can not make it to the mall.

My primary reason for getting Phil Health because I was told (rumor) that I would not be refused entry to a hospital if I had a Phil Health membership card. Last thing I want to be doing is rounding up payment of cash/credit card for entry for emergency hospital services. I would rather die after acceptance into a hospital than dying on the steps because I did not have emergency funds accessible on the spot. :o o: On second thought maybe staying home will be safest route back to health.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Just Got the MIL home again from SUMC. Not happy at all, Phil Health have now Changed the System. Apparently, they are now using an illness guide ie; For LBC and Gastric problems you have to be confined to 76 hours to avail of the Insurance. Other problems have a time factor now in Force so please be enlightened a One Night or 24 hours in House (So to speak) may Not be covered :facepalm:

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    A funny not funny question.
    Would the 76 hours be from admission to discharge or from admission to settling your account. The reason I ask is one time my wife was discharged at 10:00 am and it took accounting until 5:00 pm to get the bill sorted out. They wanted her to stay one more night while they "worked" on the bill and she said okay but I'm not paying for the extra night. The sorted the bill pretty quick after that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Well, as we were told on Saturday, it is from Admission until they (PhilHealth & Billing get the Discharge note from the Doctor. One has to wonder, are the Lunatics (In Admin) now running the Hospital instead of the Medical Staff :hmmm: I know as we all will, have to have Admin But..................:omg:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Philhealth doesn't cover medicine at all. It covers the hospital stay and doctors fee's up to its amount. You must be admitted for 4 days now for them to pay out which goes based on days bills. Each medical issue has a different amount covered. Usually they will cap out at 10-15k for admitted medical issues that are fairly common(giving birth is different and less). If you check out early at all your screwed and won't get a single peso from PhilHealth and the hospital may not even inform you that your not covered by Philhealth so make sure you go to the Philhealth desk first to make sure already eligible and their forms are filled out.

Philhealth now costs 600p a quarter I believe so 2400p a year. A number of locals however can get free philhealth through their barangay and while not sure how it works my son was recently in Holy Child and the bill was racking up while my son didn't seem to get better. My lady was worried on the cost so started seeing what options they had at her barangay hall and found out she and my son both had Philhealth through the barangay although we don't pay for it at all. It ended up saving me 15k (11k if don't count the extra day he had to stay to qualify at the 4 day mark). Doctors fee however was 6k of that for only visiting 5 minutes each day.

• Informative Informative x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.