Dumaguete Info Search

Philippine Askals v Mongolia

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by barkada, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Congats to Philippines for finally taking up a sport that they can actually do well in . Fingers crossed that they will start to get some grass roots talent here. I was lucky enough to see the match in Bacolod, was a great experience, even if we did , literally, have to fight our way in. Amazing atmosphere and enough evidence that there is a lot of interest in football here. Ok Mongolia are not much opposition and half the Askals are Brits but who cares. Anyone up for the return leg in Ulan Bator? !

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    If half the Askals are Brits, what a great example of foreigners integrating with locals and wanting to represent the country in which they now live. Good stuff.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Yeaaaaaaaaaah!

:wink: Well thought Broadside, As a lot here know, I am all for total integration, the only real formulae that can work. We see the results of not, everywhere in the world.:smile:

Jack P.:wink:

4. OP
    OP
    barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Sorry i mean that they are Phil/Brits . They have Philippina mothers and British fathers. They grew up in UK hence their interest in football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.