Dumaguete Info Search

Philippines on the Travel Channel

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by 2blackbelts, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the Philippines were featured on the Travel Channel last nite.

This feature was their traveling chef, who eats unusual and native foods. Of course Bulat (sp ?) was tried, and he actually liked it alot, as well as coconut worms, and some other exotic dishes. He mostly stayed in Manila, and went to Porta Princessa as well.

All in all, he really liked the food, even the more "uncommon" ones. It was a very enjoyable show, plus, it showed much of the native culture.

2 blackbelts

2. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Apart from kind of weird Balut (fetuses or embryos whatever they're called ) and eating dogs ,even dogs teeth lols ,pigs ,cow,guts and everything ,I never heard of eating worm (coconut worm ) cultural /traditional delicasies of Filipinos related to worms as popular or known .Or was he only introducing a trend from like Africa or Thailand that eats kind of wormy like stuffs , insect larvae,termites ,caterpillars and the list continues on. d*mn ,he should have tried the famous Balut and see how he can make some exotic dishes out of it :D

By the way was it BULAD (dried fish) as to bulat ,or balut?:wink:

But coconut worms,I wouldn't even touch it ,just wonder where he got it from.

3. richard

richard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah worms

I've seen that show before he's been on the air for about 2 months. That was his first show (repeat now). Those were worms but I think from some kind of branch of a tree. They are inside and kind of long wet looking things and they eat them raw, mmm mmm good. It was on Palawan. Not my cup of tea.

rich

4. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. richard

richard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bizarre foods

The travel channel web site has clips on the show. its Andrew Zimmerm Bizarre Foods. 5 min on the philippines show. Sorry if it was already mentioned here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.