Dumaguete Info Search

Philippines President Duterte orders US forces out after 65 years: 'Do not treat u

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by knobhead, Oct 9, 2016.

1. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    More disheartening rhetoric from Duterte. I think the end of the headline was cut off. He said "Do not treat us like a doormat".
    This comment can and probably will be repeated by many Filipino's when they are refereeing to Foreigners.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I hope the disheartening rhetoric from Duterte does not filter down to the people that exchange smiles with me here daily. :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Reckon I had better invest in a few Union Jack tshirts just Incase :smile:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    A slight digression Please ( But on Topic)
    I guess some may have to have a rethink/?
    [​IMG] :whistling:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I'll take 2 x XL :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You guys are still in the EU right? Maybe a Canadian flag shirt would be the safest choice. :wink: Or perhaps you could get away with a Chinese flag shirt, squint your eyes and just tell everyone you are an unusually tall albino Chinese person. :peaking:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is the Philippines, its not the USA, if he (Du30) decides to go the way of China/Russia, then that's a decision he is making for the betterment of the Philippines, he is nothing if not a loyal filipino and has no intention of lying down and accepting Yankee Dollars unlike the other whores before him, who stuck their head in the sand and robbed and pillaged all before them, we have seen American democracy at work in Vietnam, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq and a host of other well to do countries before they decided to stick their nose in to other countries affairs and bring those PROGRESSIVE governments to their knees, and then just bail and let the locals at the behest of mercenaries
    ( they did'nt intervene when Marcos did the filty Mc nasty on his people for 20 years) because he was already in American pockets, its about time someone stood up to them
    China and the Philippines have had beneficial relationships long before the USA was born, so why shouldn't the try to sort out their differences themselves, who has China invaded or indeed the Russians
    lets be real here. we are all grown men and have seen how countries have been stripped of their democracy only to be supplanted by American interests be it oil or some countries wanting to change from Dollar to Euro only for OIL or even to change Gold only as an acceptable form of payment for, and look where that got them

America is not the be all and end all of the world and are only in the Philippines to spy on China, extending the hand of friendship to the Philippines but all the recent while trying to do backdoor deals with Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Burma, for the very reason that (DU30) now calls for

and when all is said and done....who owns the Philippine central bank and most other central banks in the world with the exception of N korea, Iran and cuba

R R R R R R rant over

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Damned if you help damned it you don't.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I think I am favoring the "damned if you don't option" it seems less expensive. The US has budgeted over 150 million dollars for aid for the Philippines in 2017. If each of the US Expats in the PH would get their personal share with out the usually 30 to 40% discount taken by the PH politicians, we could relocate quite well... just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Can you say Ukraine? Can you say Spratly Islands?
    Personally, I'm all for the US taking its people, its machines and its money and focusing a little more on the home front. As pointed out, most claim not to want it, so why do it. It's a bit of damned if you do and damned if you don't as Wrye says. I'd love to see the US start attacking the national debt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1